Talk

Advanced search

To ask how you cope on 'bad days'?

(12 Posts)
Dishwashersaurous Thu 11-May-17 12:06:30

Sleep deprived and got an evil virus so feel really ill.

Sahm to baby and toddler. And have no patience or tolerance today. So advice for getting to bedtime.

No one who can help out.

Baby has already had nap and won't watch tv

Osirus Thu 11-May-17 13:04:29

It may not help if you feel ill but I love getting out for a walk with the buggy. It's quite liberating and gets you away from those four walls. I only have one child though. Could you take them out for a drive somewhere (if you drive, I don't, which is why I love walking!).

Hope you feel better soon.

Greyponcho Thu 11-May-17 13:34:08

Can't help much, but fresh air might help you feel a bit better and little one nod off again.
Hope you feel better soon

Binkybix Thu 11-May-17 13:36:20

Similar day here - 1 toddler and 1 pew-schooler. I find getting out helps. Good luck!

Tootsiepops Thu 11-May-17 13:36:53

Combination of redbull and nurofen plus (the good stuff with the codeine)

mnpeasantry Thu 11-May-17 13:40:31

On really bad days I load them up in the car and go for a drive. Only really works if they are ok in the car and you live somewhere not too trafficky.

It will get better OP.

Dishwashersaurous Thu 11-May-17 13:43:03

Well toddler has fallen asleep on the sofa, which never does, so he must be poorly too.

So pushing baby in buggy in the hallway.

Bedtime for everyone at seven tonight and tomorrow is another day

idpreferanegroni Thu 11-May-17 13:46:13

Get out and about.

TV as you're trying.

Go easy on yourself.

And get partner or good friend to do/plan something nice for you in evening or weekend. Failing that a bath in the evening.... with whiskey.

WideHorizon Thu 11-May-17 13:48:24

CBeebies is your friend. Poor you, hope you feel better soon.

DesignedForLife Thu 11-May-17 13:51:24

Similar day here too, very sleep deprived, IBS flair up, poorly baby. Topped off by epic 30 minute screaming tantrum in the supermarket, by toddler who has now napped all of 20 minutes and woken up no happier confused

Toddler watching CBeebies and I'm going to try to not bang my head against the wall. Might have to take them for a walk in a bit, but seeing as toddler refuses pushchair then gets too tired to walk it might be hard work.

DesignedForLife Thu 11-May-17 13:51:56

I like the bath with whiskey suggestion wine

Whatsername17 Thu 11-May-17 14:03:25

My 16 week old slept a grand total of 1.45 hours last night. I'm getting through today with cookies. She is teething and miserable. I'm very tearful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now