Talk

Advanced search

To ask your lowest point in parenting (so far)... Light hearted!

(158 Posts)
Topas0117 Thu 11-May-17 07:42:33

So this morning, I think I've hit my parenting low and thought 'this is my life'.

DD whose 9 months was being very clingy and breaking her heart on the bathroom floor.

So there I was, sat on the loo trying to poop with DD on my knee and Ben and Holly on my phone balancing on the radiator!

Anyone else?

anniroc Thu 11-May-17 07:45:18

Sitting on the bathroom floor occasionally throwing up with a tummy upset, reading my then 18m old ds stories waiting for DH to get home from work in London, while pregnant with dd!!

Topas0117 Thu 11-May-17 08:07:49

Oh wow, that sounds horrendous! Don't understand how people manage with more than one! 🙈

lightcola Thu 11-May-17 08:10:29

Sticking paw patrol on the telly for 2 hours for my 3 year old son whilst I napped, on the sofa next to him. In hindsight it was pretty irresponsible but at the time I was so heavily pregnant and exhausted I physically couldn't stay awake.

MissClimpsonsTypingBureau Thu 11-May-17 08:12:59

Wetting myself while cluster feeding on the sofa because I couldn't bring myself to let DS cry while I ran to the loo...

8DaysAWeek Thu 11-May-17 08:14:18

Another toilet one.

I put my phone in my back pocket (which I never do) because I was carrying clingy DS and it was easier access. Took him with me to the bathroom, turned round and pulled my trousers down and heard the delightful sound of my phone falling down the toilet.

What bothered me the most was how my first thought was "sure, why not?" By that point of the week I really didn't have it in me to give a shit about a broken 3 month old iPhone.

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Thu 11-May-17 08:14:58

Breastfeeding while having a poo. Both our needs where great.

mumonashoestring Thu 11-May-17 08:17:32

Laying on the bathroom floor with a migraine trying to focus long enough to ring DH to come home, hungry 10 month old DS alternating shouting for food and patting me on the head saying 'Aaaah'

seayouentea Thu 11-May-17 08:26:42

When I puked all over the then 11 mo the old baby.

To be fair we both had noro. He puked in his bed, I went in to sort him out and vomited all over him. It was like some kind of macabre reflex action I couldn't stop

Lules Thu 11-May-17 08:37:25

Toddler patting me on the back and handing me bits of toilet roll while I threw up from HG. He's started copying the sound I make when I'm sick too.

Raisinbrain Thu 11-May-17 08:51:44

Finding toddler DS lying face down gnawing on some dried branflake stuck to the kitchen floor grin

Loulou0 Thu 11-May-17 08:57:38

Playing in son's bedroom with son who is 4 and baby who is 1. Occupied with eldest turned round to find baby had pulled over his brother's laundry basket and was happily sucking on a pair of skiddy pants. The poo was all over baby's face, hands and carpet. That was the day my eldest picked up the phrase 'FUCK, NOOOO!!!'

MoodyOne Thu 11-May-17 08:59:15

Breastfeeding while having a poo ! But then I couldn't bend down to pull up my trousers so spent 20 mins with no trousers on 😂

Ragwort Thu 11-May-17 09:03:11

The baby ones pale into insignificance when you are sobbing over your teenage child's behaviour ................... (and wondering what on earth you could have done differently) sorry to any of you who think it can only get better grin.

KungFuPandaWorksOut16 Thu 11-May-17 09:06:08

loulou I'm sorry but that's funny! At least you can look back now and laugh (I hope)
What an amazing story you can retell when baby is older grin

sailorcherries Thu 11-May-17 09:10:12

Possibly this morning.
I'm exhausted and pregnant.
DS is off school as he was sick yesterday (but has been fine since).
He came in to wake me up and I fobbed him off with a tablet and told him to come wake me when he was hungry. He never gets hungry before 9.30/10.00am. He's been awake since 7 ...

MycatsaPirate Thu 11-May-17 09:16:46

Smacking DD1's head off the door frame while carrying her to bed (thus waking her up). The guilt was horrendous.

Falling downstairs carrying DD2 (she was fine, I wasn't)

Lying on the sofa feeling dreadfully ill while DD1 watched Teletubbies in the Snow on repeat all day.

Mine are 18 and 11. I have years of parenting lows. Lots of highs too thank goodness!

Andrewofgg Thu 11-May-17 09:20:13

Teenagers do rejoin our species eventually. Promise.

MuseumGardens Thu 11-May-17 09:25:40

Dc are 10 and 12 now but dd was a sleeping baby in a baby bjorn (old hat now probably) at the park and dd aged 2 wet herself. I was trying to change her without dd1's head lolling and waking her up. Was a nightmare.

SleepOhHowIMissYou Thu 11-May-17 09:33:06

Wiping the piss off my trolley load of shopping with supermarket blue cloths so the cashier could scan it without putting it on conveyor. Had asked daughter, aged two and a half, to go to the toilet before she sat in trolley and she was adamant that she didn't need a wee. Turns out that she really, really did need a wee but wouldn't admit it because she'd said no to the supermarket loo, so I didn't even get a warning before the floodgates opened. Loved the disapproving looks from fellow shoppers who clearly thought I'd trained my children to piss all over the weekly shop on purpose.

Rinsed grapes when I got home and left on draining board while I decided whether or not to throw them away, had to explain to husband why I was laughing when he started snacking on them.

bettytaghetti Thu 11-May-17 09:42:28

There was a projectile pooing incident with a very young DS1 (& very novice parents) that will never be entirely erased from my memory. Somehow or other DH & I managed to see the funny side of it. There are just some situations where you have to laugh or else you'll end up crying!

Topas0117 Thu 11-May-17 09:45:23

Haha! These stories are brilliant! I've got it all to come I'm sure grin

foolishlove Thu 11-May-17 09:47:13

Sleepoh That is so awful. I think I would have had to just walk out and leave the trolley covered in pissy stuff! Start again at another supermarket. Hilarious!

LittleLionMansMummy Thu 11-May-17 09:49:24

Licking what I thought was spilt Calpol off ds's hand when he was about 9 months old and had a rotten cold... only to discover that it was in fact snot.

Hekabe Thu 11-May-17 09:51:17

Ladies, at 32 weeks this has cheered me up no end. Especially after seeing DH's face yesterday- we had a poonami spray from ill puppy who had been crying through the night. I did mentioned to him that this was going to be our life in a few weeks. His face. grin

This will be my first. I'm exhausted. How HOW do you guys do pregnancy/ life with another child?

(We've already been asked if we're having another)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now