Talk

Advanced search

To ask what your children do that annoys you the most?

(145 Posts)
Iloveanimals Tue 09-May-17 21:12:23

Sorry but I've just had a bad day with ds grin
He wouldn't listen to instructions properly, kept running off in front when I told him not to, argued back and finally hurt himself because he was acting silly. sad
Also he's so flamin fussy at meal times that they often turn into a disaster angry
Cheer me up and make me feel like I'm not alone wink. What do yours do to get your back up?

Flumplet Tue 09-May-17 21:14:20

Prefixes every single fucking thing he says with the word "mum". Love him to pieces but it drives me batty.

Cheguevarahamster Tue 09-May-17 21:15:46

Not going to fecking sleep on their own. Drives me mental.

moomoogalicious Tue 09-May-17 21:16:20

Leap onto my new sofa so the back bangs against the wall. Ds is as tall as me so why he can't just sit down is beyond me.

SlaveToDisney Tue 09-May-17 21:16:29

They don't eat ANYTHING and it drives insane. It doesn't matter what I give them even things they have asked for.

Also this makes me sound like a terrible mother but when they are doing things and I tell them to stop otherwise they will get hurt, they always reply with no I won't and they do it and they are fine. I think why couldn't you have hurt yourself and I be right. (Just to clarify I obviously don't want them to hurt themselves)

ButTheBearSnoredOn Tue 09-May-17 21:16:41

Make noise. They are very loud and when they've run out of squabbling/singing/'please can I have'/mummy mummy mummy type noises they just blurt out random noise and sounds.

RNBrie Tue 09-May-17 21:16:58

They say "mummy?" I say "yes?" they say "mummy?" I say "yes?" they say "mummy?" I say "yes?" they say "please may I have a cup of water"

Drives me. Fucking. Crazy.

ButTheBearSnoredOn Tue 09-May-17 21:18:45

Oh yes I know that one RN. Getting louder with each mummy as well
I always say 'do i say your name every time I start speaking to you?'
But to be honest maybe they'd listen better if I did.

socialanxietysrus Tue 09-May-17 21:19:47

Breathe

socialanxietysrus Tue 09-May-17 21:20:20

Nah, I love them really! grin

MrsELM21 Tue 09-May-17 21:21:00

Jumping on the sofa and just being so bloody loud!!

bigchris Tue 09-May-17 21:22:35

Bickering with each other over EVERYTHING, who sits where in the car, who gets which mug, who has a bath first , who gets to tell dad about their day first

They're 10 and 13 fgs , I've spent ten years listening to this shit grin

stuckinthehouse Tue 09-May-17 21:22:37

Running on the spot for NO REASON.

Teardropexplodes Tue 09-May-17 21:22:56

Comes home late. I tell him to be in by 9. Without fail he rocks up any time between 9.15 and 9.30. Gets grounded the following day, then the next day does it again.

Grimbles Tue 09-May-17 21:24:11

My morning alarm is:

Mummy... Mummy... MUMMY..! MUMMY!!

I need a weewee!

Go and have one then ffs!

Longdistance Tue 09-May-17 21:25:07

As soon as I pick dd1 up from school. 'Can I have the iPad when we get home?' Also, 'can I have something to eat?' Whilst preparing dinner, told loads of times 'no' but persists in pestering for food.

Just had a chat with dd's about disturbing us whilst we are on the toilet. They're nearly 6 and 7. Banging on the door asking for inanimate unimportant things whilst sitting on the loo confused

Whosthebestbabainalltheworld Tue 09-May-17 21:26:40

DS9 looks for me to justify to the nth every decision I make about any form of limits on screen time. Why, why, why, why....

Drives me bonkers and puts DH off even trying to reign his screens in hmm

StrawberryMouse Tue 09-May-17 21:27:12

Ask the same question repeatedly and don't listen to the answer.

Shout through the house rather than coming to find me / each other.

Need adult involvement with reeeeeally simple little tasks that they definitely can do themselves e.g. Finding shoes, getting a packet of crisps out of the cupboard etc.

Apart from that they're pretty awesome on the whole.

plominoagain Tue 09-May-17 21:27:43

Whine . Oh god the whining when they're tired . Which usually coincides with when I'm tiredso my tolerance level drops even further.

I recorded them whining and played it back to them as a wake up call the following morning . They refused to believe it was them . They were ten and eight .

ohdeaeyme Tue 09-May-17 21:30:36

my 2.5 has recently learnt the art of legging it away from me at every oppourtunity

PunjanaTea Tue 09-May-17 21:30:41

THEY TALK REALLY REALLY LOUDLY 🙉

Iloveanimals Tue 09-May-17 22:56:16

Kids don't have volume control hmm we have to keep saying 'indoor voice' wink

Xmasbaby11 Tue 09-May-17 23:00:48

Dd are 3 and 5.

Shout all the time even when they are sitting next to me.

Must have everything the same as each other. Tears if not.

Keep asking the same question.

The noise levels are very high regardless of what they are doing. It's just so wearing. I say this as a noisy extrovert myself!

FreeNiki Tue 09-May-17 23:04:03

Wont do what they're told.

Get off the coffee table. X 4

Finally get down....gets back on x 10 more times

GET OFF THE FUCKING COFFEE TABLE.

PlayOnWurtz Tue 09-May-17 23:06:02

Talking incessantly. It's all just a drone of noise and they won't ever shut up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now