Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Parcel going to neighbours

(18 Posts)
Dumbo412 Mon 08-May-17 22:28:50

We were due a delivery today. I say to my husband I'll stay in and sign for iit. Only time I won't be home is between 2:30 and 3:40 - had to take DD to Drs and I had an apprenticeship myself.
Turns out delivery was scheduled for that time. NDN say they aren't sure if they'll be in, but if they are of course they'll sign. So I come home, phone has been delivered to a house 5 doors up.

I tell my husband when he gets home, he checks, phone not at that address, he checks same number on next street which works out closer than the other house with same number. Again no.

He speaks with delivery company, they explain details about the house they delivered to. Think a partial car rev,make and type of car parked outside. Which is the initial door that was knocked, check next door too just in case.

No ones got the flaming thing.

What's the next step? Am I being unreasonable to think we're going to have a fight on our hands to get.a replacement after our neighbour has nicked it?

Fwiw, if we lived at no 16, we said no 14 could take parcel in, but that was all, we've never met the people in the house where physical be was delivefed.

MuffinMaiden Mon 08-May-17 22:36:07

I believe if they've delivered it to an address not specified, it's on them to sort it. If you specified a particular neighbour rather than just "a neighbour" then they don't even have room to argue. I get really worked up at companies who do this, it's completely stupid to deliver stuff to complete strangers - may as well just chuck it in a hedge somewhere, just as bloody secure!

Princesspinkgirl Mon 08-May-17 22:38:47

Its just as bad as my deliveries being left in a bin ffs i dread ordering online now

justkeepswimmingg Tue 09-May-17 16:57:43

How annoying! Yes you might have a fight on your hands to prove that you didn't actually receive it from the neighbour, but they were in the wrong for delivering it to them. Reminds me why I hate ordering online.

Dumbo412 Wed 10-May-17 21:15:30

It's so bad! For what it's worth, the delivery company are now saying that they aren't responsible and the phone company are investigating how to get the phone back.
Not sorting the problem out for us as the customers.
Pretty bloody unhappy about it.
Spoke to them on Monday but because a complaint wasn't lodged properly by them we need to wait a further 48 hours. I can understand their point, but we live 4 doors away from the house it was apparently delivered to. Brand new housing estate, houses have only been built for 6ish months, you'd think that the delivery company would have understood the neighbours don't know eachpther well, if at all!

youaredeluded Wed 10-May-17 21:21:39

How did you pay? If by PayPal you can open a dispute. That normal gets people moving quickly to resolve issues.

Dumbo412 Wed 10-May-17 21:24:45

You are- it was a phone upgrade so sadly can't disputed via PayPal. It was an S8 + so it seems one of the neighbours chose a good parcel to steal!

mia101982 Wed 10-May-17 23:04:26

Ur neighbour would have had to sign for it so the courier have a signature for u. Maybe u cud ask around then as to whether anybody knows that said person. Otherwise the courier is probably local enough and does the same round each day, so could he not come back and show u the house ?

Judashascomeintosomemoney Wed 10-May-17 23:12:16

Presumably you're paying for the phone in some way? I.e. Upgrade cost, phone contract, whatever. You're agreement is with the phone company not the courier. You only need to deal with the phone company who have not delivered your phone, your 'contract' is with them. How they deal with the courier (who they have a contract with) is up to them. Don't let them tell you to deal with the courier, they're not your problem.

user1493759849 Wed 10-May-17 23:16:22

It's a shame that you couldn't have arranged for the delivery on an afternoon when you weren't going out for an hour and ten minutes! confused

SpaceDinosaur Wed 10-May-17 23:21:23

Are you joking user?

MabelFurball Wed 10-May-17 23:46:40

Well that's strange as I have had a card put through the letter box saying we have a parcel 2 doors away with a neighbour we have never met. But we haven't actually ordered anything. I will go round in the morning and see what it is supposed to be. The card had no name on it.

Dumbo412 Thu 11-May-17 07:09:24

Mia- no one knows a neighbour of that name, been to all the houses. The delivery company looked at the photo that the courier took, confirmed the car outside and even the reg plate. But neighbour answered the door and said, oh no delivery here! I've been here all day and no one has knocked!

User- yes how inconvenient it was that my daughter had another throat infection, and I needed a review of blood pressure medication. Seeing as the appointments were made before I got the delivery slot, and told the school I was collecting DD early for the appointment I couldn't really cancel could I? Funny there IS always one.

Dumbo412 Thu 11-May-17 07:11:35

Judas- that was my complaint to the phone company. Refused to do much to help! Even when I explained that I felt that we were being punished because of this. Nothing will be resolved until this they've investigated. I don't know, maybe they think we have it?!

Dumbo412 Thu 11-May-17 07:12:21

Mabel- wow that's strange, hope it's a nice surprise though x

UrsulaPandress Thu 11-May-17 07:17:04

My new phone was supposedly delivered to my house and my dd even signed for it. They produced a pic of a scrawled signature beginning with the first letter of her name (she gets a lot of deliveries).

Strange that as she was away on holiday at the time.

Thieving bastards.

Boulshired Thu 11-May-17 09:18:28

I had this but I was the neighbour that had signed for parcel according to the courier. Luckily I have cctv on my front door or the neighbour may of thought I had stolen their parcel.

NotAnotherUserName5 Thu 11-May-17 09:52:32

Don't suppose you paid by credit card? You could always try going through them for a charge back of all else fails.
Surely it's the companies problem if it wasn't delivered to the address specified?

What's the point of putting a house number if they can just give it to anyone?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now