Talk

Advanced search

To think that Holly and Phil look down on nearly all their guests?

(122 Posts)
Shockedwife Mon 08-May-17 20:40:14

Maternity Leave and cluster feeding baby has led me into the world of brain rot This Morning, Lorraine and Loose Women.
I have come to feel uncomfortable with the power imbalance of the guests and H&P.
They (H&P) are always slightly condescending towards/ amused by the people who appear on the show- usually vulnerable people (for whom if it wasn't for them the show wouldn't exist) they never share any if the imperfections about their own lives but love getting into the juicy details of the poor decisions of others which really annoys me.
They seem annoyingly squeaky clean and too good to be true.
I wish one day Phil would say, 'And coming up next after the break, I will be sharing about a harrowing round of genital warts I once had and Holly will be discussing her marriage niggles.
AIBU?

BitchQueen90 Mon 08-May-17 20:43:05

I don't like them, I don't get why everyone does. Philip especially, I think he has a "holier than thou" attitude and it fucks me off.

NancyDonahue Mon 08-May-17 20:45:21

I haven't noticed a condescending attitude but I rarely watch it. I just happened to tune in when Sarah Greene was filling in when HW was ill, she was absolutely lovely.

Izzy24 Mon 08-May-17 20:46:02

YABU

Internetminion Mon 08-May-17 20:46:26

Refuse to watch it.

The faux sexual innuendos and tinkly laugh by Holly makes me want to vomit

Shockedwife Mon 08-May-17 20:47:53

I just think if you want people to be vulnerable- make yourself a bit vulnerable too, don't just talk down to people from the top of your ivory tower thinking way too far into this!

Shockedwife Mon 08-May-17 20:48:22

Yeah Sarah Green was amazing, like a real human.

Shockedwife Mon 08-May-17 20:48:55

Internetminion
Yes to tinkly laugh annoying.

Whatsername17 Mon 08-May-17 20:49:52

You need to get either Now TV or Netflix and start binge watching box sets!

ElizabethG81 Mon 08-May-17 20:50:25

YANBU, they're awful. I find that they (Holly especially) are hyper sensitive about any criticism of celebrities (i.e. themselves), and can't offer any kind of objective view. At the same time they adopt a Daily Mail-esque attitude to "benefit scroungers" and bully a lot of their guests. I used to love This Morning when I was a student, back in Richard and Judy's days, but I just can't bear it now.

AnyFucker Mon 08-May-17 20:51:24

I imagine Philip Schofield to be a right bastard in RL

Sanctimonious, condescending twat

The80sweregreat Mon 08-May-17 20:51:51

Yes, i loathe them both. Listen to five live or radio 2, mch better!

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 08-May-17 20:53:06

Can't stand them and their 'friendship' .

Shockedwife Mon 08-May-17 20:53:21

Yes to the shitty benefits attitude. They seem to fail to see that their jobs are one in a million, flexible plenty of time off, well paid, easy, warm, glamorous.
Nearly everyone else is not as fortunate but it's a blind spot for them.
They wouldn't survive in the real world, their maths is apalling the other day they couldn't say what 10% of 100 was confused

PalomaViolets Mon 08-May-17 20:54:21

Holly acts like a child. Alongside her tinkly laugh, her voice makes me cringe. She sounds like she has laryngitis 90% of the time.

Much prefer Eammon and Ruth. At least they take the piss out of themselves.

HelenaDove Mon 08-May-17 20:54:23

I cant get past the way he treated the first group of women who came forward about Jimmy Savile.

IMO they were game changers.

And handing Cameron that so called list of names did not make up for it. It just made him look like a prat.

The women deserved a public apology.

Ravenblack Mon 08-May-17 20:55:40

Not a fan of them. I don't dislike them, but I used to like them more. The show has turned into a kind of tv version of take-a-break magazine.

I do find their giggly farting about antics quite forced and irritating.

Shockedwife Mon 08-May-17 20:56:01

PalomaViolets
Yes Eammon and Ruth much better and very funny actually!

Helena I didn't know that. Sounds terrible.

AnyFucker Mon 08-May-17 20:56:15

They are far grom thick. Don't be fooled by the faux stupidity. Those gimlet eyes know the worth of everything and the value of nothing.

I am enjoying this smile

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Mon 08-May-17 20:57:21

I do think Holly comes at topics from a very privileged outlook - unable to understand how others less fortunate than herself can possibly be in certain predicaments.

Philip I feel understands how, but still considers most guests beneath him.

bibbitybobbityyhat Mon 08-May-17 20:57:31

I don't watch that dross but it absolutely rattles my cage that Holly Willoughby presents her harmless girl next door image on a popular mainstream show in the morning (and gets paid top dollar for it) whilst also appearing on Keith Lemon's seedy and misogynistic Celebrity Juice every week. Cos she's his mate.

Valerie Singleton would never have sold herself out let herself down like that.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Mon 08-May-17 20:58:42

I like Ruth.

heateallthebuns Mon 08-May-17 20:59:53

I love Phil and holly. And Ryland. And eammon and Ruth. I hate you all.

Sisinisawa Mon 08-May-17 21:01:58

I've been on This Morning a couple of times.

Ruth and Eamon are lovely.

Phil is not lovely. He was aggressive and unfriendly.

Martin Lewis is sadly a massive twonk. I was gutted at that. He picked a bit of a fight with me in the green room for no reason.

Holly wasn't there so I haven't met her.

Shockedwife Mon 08-May-17 21:04:33

bibbitybobbityyhat omg don't get me started on Celeb Juice - such a horribly sexist show, doing nothing for females- Fearne is vacuous and Holly likes to think of herself as a woman's woman but seems to have really misunderstood how fucking fucking awful that show is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now