Talk

Advanced search

The yobs in Emmerdale.

(4 Posts)
KungFuPandaWorksOut16 Mon 08-May-17 20:08:17

Aibu in thinking the Yobs are so bloody unbelievable it's hard to relate with the storyline at all.

I think it was a perfect opportunity to show the bullying/intimidation that happens in real life, but I just can't take it seriously at all. The main lad with his "street" accent makes me want too rip my ears off, and his friend doesn't seem intimidating in the slightest with his acting.

Grimbles Mon 08-May-17 20:11:02

Don't watch Emmerdale, but if it's anything like the 'yobs' in ee then yanbu!

Soaps do tend to struggle portraying 'issues' - occasionally they get it right, but mostly the message is lost in the steaming pile of shite they make of the storyline.

Ditsy1980 Mon 08-May-17 20:16:05

They're totally unbelievable. It's a rubbish storyline.

MissionItsPossible Mon 08-May-17 20:30:00

I think it's because soaps work in the extremity that when a bullying storyline comes along in a village/square/street where murders and danger are rife, that some schoolkids pushing over someone in the mud or calling them 'fat' is not really that shocking in the grand scheme of things. Plus, the acting is normally shockingly bad.

Tbf does anyone remember Hollyoaks ages ago when Macki was bullying Ali? That was horrible to watch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now