Talk

Advanced search

To worry about this dodgy looking spot?

(4 Posts)
Zhan Mon 08-May-17 10:28:34

DH developed a spot on his head two weeks ago - looked like a zit.

He's picked and poked at it and two weeks later it is still there and now looks like a bit white wart. It no longer looks like a normal spot at all. It's hard to touch and does not have a crispy head or anything.

DH also has health anxiety and thinks that everything is cancer related so I have to be careful how I approach it but to be honest, I am worried.

Any ideas before I tell him to go to doctors?

LadyPW Mon 08-May-17 11:13:08

It just sounds like a spot where the pus has become a harder lump under the skin. If you prick it with a safety pin / needle (enough to reach the pus) and then squeeze it, it should come out in a squirt. You need to make sure you get it all out or it will carry on as a lump. If it gets to the stage where blood comes out instead of pus then you've done it. Then leave it to heal and it'll go down & disappear. If it started off as a spot then it's really not a problem at all. Stick a pin in grin

EnidColeslaw771 Mon 08-May-17 11:44:59

I don't think it sounds like a spot and I don't think you should start jabbing at it with a pin. Go and see the GP. Likelihood is it's something innocuous and easily treated but he should get it checked if it isn't healing.

rizlett Mon 08-May-17 11:46:57

google spot on head - see what comes up - see what it matches...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now