Talk

Advanced search

To keep ds off today?

(13 Posts)
GreenHairDontCare Mon 08-May-17 08:11:31

He's been at my parents all weekend. He went to bed early last night and has only just woken up (normally springs out of bed before seven). He says he has a headache. He slept through in his own bed last night which almost never happens. He's really weepy and whingy.

I expect he is just really tired rather than brewing anything, so would it be unreasonable to keep him home and snuggled?

He's five, in reception.

Sirzy Mon 08-May-17 08:14:16

I would send him him, warn the teacher he may be a bit tired and then have a very early night tonight.

ZilphasHatpin Mon 08-May-17 08:14:24

Send him in, he'll be fine.

GreenHairDontCare Mon 08-May-17 08:16:13

I've just chivvied him and he's burst into tears and said his head hurts.

I'm going to Calpol him up and if he rallies I'll take him in late, I think. I'll be honest with school about why.

LindyHemming Mon 08-May-17 08:17:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ZilphasHatpin Mon 08-May-17 08:17:28

Could be too much sun from yesterday. It was scorching hot where we are.

GreenHairDontCare Mon 08-May-17 08:20:24

Could be! They were in and out of the paddling pool all day yesterday apparently.

StarryIllusion Mon 08-May-17 08:39:50

Make him drink a load of water, at least two glasses. If he had too much sun he could just be dehydrated.

GreenHairDontCare Mon 08-May-17 08:46:21

He's just fallen asleep again on the sofa. TBH I'm now thinking he is a bit poorly as this is very unlike him and the weekend wasn't THAT busy.

allowlsthinkalot Mon 08-May-17 09:43:01

I wouldn't even have contemplated sending him in! Why would you when he has a headache and feels under the weather, at five years old?

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Mon 08-May-17 09:46:18

Poor love! Keep him at home. If he perks up after lunch take in for the afternoon although if it were me I'd not bother.

Rinkydinkypink Mon 08-May-17 09:57:22

Go by your gut. If he's fallen a sleep again he's clearly not ok. If when he wakes up he's ok take him in.

Zhan Mon 08-May-17 09:59:13

I'd keep him off. Poor sod sounds not well. There are more important things than school attendance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now