Advanced search

A and E or GP tomorrow?

(154 Posts)
bambithumper Sun 07-May-17 18:42:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bunbunbunny Sun 07-May-17 18:43:28

Call NHS direct and get medical advice from them

Mummamayhem Sun 07-May-17 18:44:47

Get to A&E (with samples as gruesome as that might be) sounds awful. I hope you have someone to go with you.

Cakescakescakes Sun 07-May-17 18:44:50

Get medical help asap. That amount of bleeding can be very serious. There wasn't recent thread where the OP ended up in hospital and was very ill after similar bleeding.

Cakescakescakes Sun 07-May-17 18:45:13

Was a recent

flumpybear Sun 07-May-17 18:54:14

Ring non emergency now that's too much blood loss
Tranexamic acid may be given and the mire and coil is good for stopping periods almost completely but you'll need someone to check if you've got problems underlying
But definitely ring non emergency now and tel them how bad and you're feeling faint
Is anyone home with you?

WowserBowser Sun 07-May-17 18:57:19

Yes from threads ive read on here you should call.

eerry Sun 07-May-17 18:58:19

Agree seek medical advice. You might need treatment for that level of blood loss. Hope you're ok.

colouringinagain Sun 07-May-17 18:58:58

Call 111 a pad about hour indicates there is something unhealthy going on. We had poster recently with that amount of bleeding and when she got to a and e was diagnosed with sepsis. Don't mean to frighten you, but she was told if she'd stayed at home that night she would have died. Take care.

PeppaPigTastesLikeBacon Sun 07-May-17 19:00:58

A&E. this can be serious

MusicToMyEars800 Sun 07-May-17 19:03:17

Either call 111 or go to A&E, better to be safe I say.

JennyOnAPlate Sun 07-May-17 19:03:28

Don't wait for tomorrow, you need medical advice tonight. Call 111 in the first instance. flowers

bambithumper Sun 07-May-17 19:04:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Papergirl1968 Sun 07-May-17 19:04:33

How old are you? Could it be the peri menopause?

ragged Sun 07-May-17 19:05:00

You're planning to wait until tomorrow so it's not so bad you feel you need to go NOW.
I'd be thinking urgent appt with GP first thing. Only A&E if I couldn't see GP before noon & tomorrow it was just as bad.

Hope it settles very soon & can be treated so this doesn't happen in future.

doubleshotespresso Sun 07-May-17 19:05:58

Please don't wait until tomorrow, this could be very serious and can nastily escalate quickly. Far better to arrive at A&E under your own terms than via ambulance. I speak from bitter experience!

Hope you are ok. x

Peanutbutterrules Sun 07-May-17 19:06:26

This is what A&E is for...just go. Better to be sent home, then wish you'd gone.

Starlight2345 Sun 07-May-17 19:08:20

Yes I remember a similar thread that esculated very quickly..Glad you are getting help

MrsJoyOdell Sun 07-May-17 19:09:08

You are haemorrhaging, it's absolutely OK and important to seek immediate medical attention!

MrsPringles Sun 07-May-17 19:09:08

Good luck op, hope you're on the mend soon

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Sun 07-May-17 19:09:31

Ring 111. A pad an hour is not normal. flowers

Willyoujustbequiet Sun 07-May-17 19:10:37

Don't mean to be dismissive of your concerns but unless there is some other medical history I would wait for the GP

I was soaking through pads and super plus tampons every 20 mins and it wasn't classed as an emergency. I was referred eventually but it took several weeks for an appt.

Personally I think immediate attention is warranted but I was made to feel like I was overreacting.

Smilingthru Sun 07-May-17 19:12:17

Hope you're ok OP. 💐

Mrsknackered Sun 07-May-17 19:13:04

Get to A&E straight away OP. Keep us updated (if you can) you poor thing!

bambithumper Sun 07-May-17 19:19:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: