Talk

Advanced search

About a holiday with 3 DC

(11 Posts)
OfficiallyUnofficial Sun 07-May-17 13:20:21

AIBU to think a holiday abroad in the sun should be possible as a loan parent with 3, will be - 3, 5 and 7.

Really bored and used to travel a lot but am
I nuts thinking I could take the three away on my own and where could I go?

NennyNooNoo Sun 07-May-17 13:28:10

I don't think it's nuts but it might not be particularly relaxing!

If you're used to taking them on day trips etc by yourself and coping with it fine, then do it! The main difference is that at home you can potter and get on with things while they do their own thing, whereas on holiday you will have to be with them the whole time. I would find that difficult and quite exhausting as I like to have some time on my own and do my own thing, but not everyone feels like me.

Grilledaubergines Sun 07-May-17 13:29:23

Of course it's possible. Do it and enjoy.

Astro55 Sun 07-May-17 13:32:04

Find somewhere with holiday clubs - some take the kids for lunch or creative afternoons giving you a break

Contact gingerbread for ideas - nothing like the experience of other

I often take the kids away alone - they are much more relaxed in holiday as long as you give good instructions on the pool and use armbands etc

LiveLifeWithPassion Sun 07-May-17 13:36:27

I think a pool based holiday is hard with those ages but beach for sand castles and paddling should be fine.

OfficiallyUnofficial Sun 07-May-17 14:32:04

Ah you are filling me with hope smile

I do lots of daytrips but am careful about locations to ensure I can manage them. What's gingerbread?

sunshineintheclouds Sun 07-May-17 14:37:18

Do you have any close friends in similar positions? Maybe an idea to go together smile

Astro55 Sun 07-May-17 15:13:06

mobile.gingerbread.org.uk/default.aspx

It's a charity to help single parents with advice - you may find recommendations for holidays etc

OfficiallyUnofficial Sun 07-May-17 15:17:12

sunshine yes but her STBXH thinks she had a fling with my sort of ex h (and my jury is out) so can't see that one being a goer grin

Astro that amazing thank you thread was worth it just for that.

needsahalo Sun 07-May-17 15:18:57

Lone parent of three. I have done holidays abroad alone and I have also gone with both Mango and Single with Kids. It is fine. I have run out of money this year so there will be no holiday and am gutted!

OfficiallyUnofficial Sun 07-May-17 19:09:29

Where did you find worked best need?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now