Talk

Advanced search

Advice sister dated pedo 5 yrs ago both 15.

(7 Posts)
Firstimefreaked Sun 30-Apr-17 22:33:22

My sister just found out today on her birthday that her first bf when they were both!!! 15 was molesting a 6 yr old girl that he was babysitting this is while they where dating...luckily the two of them never had sex my sis and bf but it has seriously spooked the two of us as he was molesting this poor girl the whole time they dated sad he has been convicted for it and grooming two other girls. I just want some advice, my mum says I should send her any stories of similar incidents etc, I'm also a bit emotional about it as I've known him since he was 8 but out if contact since He was 16...now I'm expecting a lil girl... Am I too emotional with hormones to speak to my sister about this, does she need support?

Firstimefreaked Sun 30-Apr-17 22:35:34

That should read my mums says I shouldn't ... Sorry on my phone x

MajesticWhine Sun 30-Apr-17 22:47:02

She may need some support or to talk about it. She may not. If you find that difficult though, then you might not be the right person to do it. I can't think of why it would be useful for her to see articles about similar incidents.confused

Firstimefreaked Sun 30-Apr-17 23:13:42

Oh it's a blog story from a girl who around the same age dated someone who later was a pedophile and was arrested, it's just they were the same age etc and a similar situation as my sister...just wanted her to know it's not just her or something...

MajesticWhine Sun 30-Apr-17 23:29:08

Ok, makes sense, but I would advise you to not send it to her. Just be available to listen if she wants to talk about it. She might just want to move on and not think too much about it. The blog might make her think she should feel a certain way.

Firstimefreaked Sun 30-Apr-17 23:42:16

Yeah I don't want her to feel like she has to react a certain way, spooked me right out sad

Firstimefreaked Sun 30-Apr-17 23:42:59

Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now