Talk

Advanced search

To think this was inappropriate?

(39 Posts)
Twatsatwork Sun 30-Apr-17 18:13:06

Went out for work lunch the other day. The head honcho was there and in a silly mood. Basically knows he can do whatever he wants. There was a sharing dessert on the table (some chocolates) and he started giggling and insist that the other boss distribute them to myself and another man: "use fingers! Put it on top of her dessert! Do it do it!" The other boss relented and did it but placed it next to my dessert rather than on top, I assume so as not to make it really awkward. I then ate it - is that weird? I feel like I should have left it

KinkyAfro Sun 30-Apr-17 18:14:33

I don't understand confused

Asmoto Sun 30-Apr-17 18:17:16

I would have left it, but I don't think you should overthink the matter - I doubt anyone would have paid attention to you eating it once the "hilarity" of its being placed there was over. Head honcho was being a dick - that's what people will have noticed, not what you did with your pudding.

SheSaidHeSaid Sun 30-Apr-17 18:17:37

I don't understand either. Someone picked up a chocolate with their hands and put it next to your dessert, then you ate it?

HelenaWay Sun 30-Apr-17 18:19:17

confused

What was wrong with what he did?

Bluntness100 Sun 30-Apr-17 18:19:18

I'm struggling to see the issue also, someone put s chOcolate next to your dessert, why should you not have eaten it? Becayse he touched it?

Twatsatwork Sun 30-Apr-17 18:21:22

Yeah because he touched it. I feel like others would have left it.

Twatsatwork Sun 30-Apr-17 18:21:54

The issue was with the way the big boss was deliberately trying to make everyone feel uncomfortable

AlternativeTentacle Sun 30-Apr-17 18:25:17

Huh???

Pettywoman Sun 30-Apr-17 18:26:22

I'd have eaten it. Why waste good chocolate?

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 30-Apr-17 18:28:44

You have an annoying boss. I don't think anything inappropriate happened over dessert though!

Asmoto Sun 30-Apr-17 18:31:00

I see the issue - he was trying to embarrass the owners of the sharing platter by 'stealing' something, embarrass the other manager by making him drop it on your plate, and embarrass you by making you the recipient of the stolen food - it's a classic 'I'm the boss and I'll do what I like' scenario - but he's the one who would have looked an idiot, OP, not you - so rise above it and forget it.

sooperdooper Sun 30-Apr-17 18:31:15

I think you're massively over thinking this confused

Your boss encouraged another member of staff to give you a chocolate with your desert, and you ate it.

And? hmm

sooperdooper Sun 30-Apr-17 18:32:34

The chocolates were for everyone though, so how's that stealing?

Meh I don't get what the fuss is

Twatsatwork Sun 30-Apr-17 18:35:25

It was the way he insisted that it was put on top of our food and that the other guy used his fingers to do it.

GivenupontheGarden Sun 30-Apr-17 18:41:59

Was there some sort of innuendo to this 'Use fingers!, put it on top of her dessert'? is that what we're missing?

ArseholesOnToast Sun 30-Apr-17 18:44:57

Had he been scratching his arse or something? Is that why there was all the giggling about using his fingers?

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 30-Apr-17 18:46:04

I can't see anything sexual in what he said? Or were you worried about germs?
Your boss does sound like a bit of a prat.

Twatsatwork Sun 30-Apr-17 18:46:25

No i just thought it was odd to specify? It was designed to embarrass as I said

Elphaba99 Sun 30-Apr-17 18:53:35

Erm....used his fingers as opposed to what? I'm not sure how else you'd pick up a chocolate?

SheSaidHeSaid Sun 30-Apr-17 18:54:34

I'm sorry, I still don't understand.

You're probably over thinking the situation

StillDrivingMeBonkers Sun 30-Apr-17 18:55:56

This is one of those 'you had to be there ' sort of scenario threads. Much like when the comet hit earth and the dinosaurs went extinct

SoupDragon Sun 30-Apr-17 18:56:14

You think it was designed to embarrassed,

I'm struggling to see what the big deal is really. I mean, he sounds like an annoying twat but beyond that... I've got nothing.

AgentProvocateur Sun 30-Apr-17 18:56:36

hmm No idea what's inappropriate about this. How would you lift a chocolate if not with your fingers - chocolate tongs?

Serialweightwatcher Sun 30-Apr-17 19:11:44

It doesn't matter now because it's done, but if you thought all this what did you eat it for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now