Talk

Advanced search

Where did the whole #makingmemories thing come from??

(7 Posts)
Twentyten2010 Sun 30-Apr-17 17:15:47

I hate it!

1. It makes you sound like you've got a terminal illness

2. If you absolutely have to use it, reserve it for something you will actually remember/ your children will remember in years to come. Disneyland, yes. Playing a board game, no.

SkeletonSkins Sun 30-Apr-17 17:17:32

What I don't get is, the memories I have of my childhood are the most random things, and not actually any days out... so you could take a picture of anything because all of it is 'making memories' that's literally how memory works.

I really hate this phrase.

Allthebestnamesareused Sun 30-Apr-17 17:20:46

It has taken the place of "a kodak moment"!

pipsqueak25 Sun 30-Apr-17 17:34:33

i would hazard a guess it's origins because a lot of tacky / tat seems to come from that part of the world, really awful tbh.

ChocAuVin Sun 30-Apr-17 17:43:20

Is that a real thing?! I thought it was a sarcastic hashtag made up by the hilarious Peter and Jane blogueuse grin

ChicRock Sun 30-Apr-17 17:45:37

Usually with people who do this, the only memories being made are of mum or dad (usually mum - sorry) permanently glued to their phone.

OnTheUp13 Sun 30-Apr-17 17:51:07

I use that hashtag. And it's because we've had a lot of life limiting or serious illness in our family. It's our reminder that when we are gone the children will remember the days out and fun together. Not the toys they were brought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now