We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I accidentally swallowed a crown

(8 Posts)
Idoidoidoidoido Sat 29-Apr-17 18:16:14

I thought it was a particularly crispy oven chip and swallowed it at the exact moment I realized it was a tooth.

Should I be waiting for nature to take its course, so that I can retrieve it and take to the dentist when they open, so he can stick it back on?
Or is that too disgusting? (I would wash it first obviously) hmm

What's the protocol in this situation?

glitterglitters Sat 29-Apr-17 18:18:24

You have to let it go I'm afraid. It's one of those situations where you could end up with a few very unpleasant days of "searching". New crown will be expensive but will fit better and will not have needed to been "extracted"

MoonShapedPool Sat 29-Apr-17 18:18:45

I have a feeling this may come back and bite you on the ass...

Idoidoidoidoido Sat 29-Apr-17 18:19:47

I must admit, fishing around in a load of poop doesn't fill me with joy.

Prawnofthepatriarchy Sat 29-Apr-17 18:21:10

I'd retrieve it. Ferreting through poo is no biggy jobs. You don't have to tell your dentist you swallowed it, just that it came out.

Idoidoidoidoido Sat 29-Apr-17 18:21:32

Luckily the tooth is not right in the front and even though it's noticable, it's more noticeable if I smile really widely.

LadyPW Sat 29-Apr-17 18:34:54

You may find though that your dentist will say it no longer fits quite right - not because of where it's been (!) but just because the tooth may be worn down slightly or whatever. I saved my crown when it came out (hadn't swallowed it!!) but it couldn't be re-used because it differed just a bit.

LittleMissNaice Sat 29-Apr-17 18:38:30

moon gringrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now