We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To not understand the biscuit emoji?

(37 Posts)
victoriousblunder Sat 29-Apr-17 11:45:13

Exactly what the title suggests really. Just read a thread on benefits and don't really understand why the OP has been sent biscuits. Am I missing something?

ScarletForYa Sat 29-Apr-17 11:50:11

It signifies indifference and sometimes indicates suspicion of trolling.

WickedLazy Sat 29-Apr-17 11:51:02

I'm just going to take a pew on this fence here, with my biscuit + brew plus poppcorn

This should be interesting...

PuppyMonkey Sat 29-Apr-17 11:52:06

It's from a time when Gordon Brown was on MN and he kept refusing to answer a question on what his favourite busicuit was, so I think it now sort of means "I refuse to engage in this nonsense."

Sparklingbrook Sat 29-Apr-17 11:54:39

I don't issue the biscuits personally but I take it to mean 'I can't believe you posted that/what a load of cobblers/what a GF to post that etc

Benefits thread posts are very often well deserved of biscuits.

MrsCobain Sat 29-Apr-17 11:56:23

I rarely post biscuits at people but when I do it's because I think they're a massive twunt.

Sparklingbrook Sat 29-Apr-17 11:57:25

I think hmm says it better than a biscuit.

DramaInPyjamas Sat 29-Apr-17 11:58:00

It means 'no comment' and as a previous poster says, it come from the Gordon Brown days where he wouldn't comment on a MN chat on his favourite biscuit.

I think it's lost it's original meaning along the way, now usually it's posted on trolly and goady threads to mean 'shut up'

victoriousblunder Sat 29-Apr-17 12:01:26

Haha, okay, thanks for educating me. I'm looking forward to when the time comes for me to post me firstbiscuitgrin

Sparklingbrook Sat 29-Apr-17 12:01:28

I also think it is used to place mark on a thread where a bunfight is imminent.

victoriousblunder Sat 29-Apr-17 12:02:10

I also think it is used to place mark on a thread where a bunfight is imminent.

Ooo sounds juicygrin

PuppyMonkey Sat 29-Apr-17 12:03:51

I don't think I've ever posted a biscuit - agree a hmm is the greatest emoji ever invented. I also like the confused

Sparklingbrook Sat 29-Apr-17 12:04:54

hmm sums it up every time.

Not sure about 'juicy' especially if the thread was started by a GF/PBP or both.

NavyandWhite Sat 29-Apr-17 12:06:55

To me biscuit says I'm saying " absolute bollocks "

QuiteChic Sat 29-Apr-17 12:09:09

My Grandmother had an expression 'well that takes the biscuit' - which I took to mean, 'are you taking the piss - are you some kind of princess - do you live in the real world?, if say someone had done something nice for you and you wanted more - or if you weren't grateful for what you had.

victoriousblunder Sat 29-Apr-17 12:15:54

Not sure about 'juicy' especially if the thread was started by a GF/PBP or both.

Er.. excuse the ignorance again but what's a 'GF/PBP'??hmm

Sparklingbrook Sat 29-Apr-17 12:20:18

GF-Goady fucker

PBP-Previously banned Poster (coming back for yet another go and getting everyone frothing. Benefits is a good topic for that.

mammmamia Sat 29-Apr-17 12:20:55

Goady fucker
Previously banned poster

God I spend too much time here

Ginger782 Sat 29-Apr-17 12:21:10

I don't get why the biscuit is actually a flower??

victoriousblunder Sat 29-Apr-17 12:23:01

I don't get why the biscuit is actually a flower??

I initially thought it was a peachgrin

Katurah Sat 29-Apr-17 12:23:36

It's a Jammie Dodger!

Where I've seen the biscuit used it always reads to me like a person is telling someone they are out of line or to that they are being mean or unreasonable. Or often to simply F off!!

Flyinggeese Sat 29-Apr-17 12:23:47

confused makes me think of Edna Everage every time! Can't stand it when used in place of a question mark!

TheExuberant1 Sat 29-Apr-17 12:24:42

Oh is it a biscuit? I thought it was a cats bottom but didn't really know what it meant!

wowfudge Sat 29-Apr-17 12:25:58

Doesn't it mean that the post being commented on takes the biscuit? None of the previous replies indicate what I thought!

wowfudge Sat 29-Apr-17 12:27:21

Clearly I need to RTFT as Quite HIV has already given that explanation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now