Talk

Advanced search

To be cross that DH is still snoring?

(2 Posts)
CrohnicallyPregnant Sat 29-Apr-17 08:59:41

I'm 8 months pregnant and suffering with insomnia. Last night was particularly bad, after I thought a mild curry for tea would be nice. It was, but the resulting heartburn and reflux was not.

I went to bed around 9:30 and by 11:30 had already got up once for the toilet and once for more gaviscon, DH was already snoring downstairs.

I then spent several more lifetimes hours tossing and turning trying to get comfortable, every time I roll over it's like a military operation rearranging pillows and duvet trying to get comfortable again. In between swigging gaviscon of course. I guess I must have fallen asleep at some point but woke up around 3:30 with a mouth like a badger's arse and had to get up for a drink. And tried the Rennies this time. DH was snoring in bed when I got up but DD had a nightmare while I was downstairs so he went in to her.

And then I remember one more wake up around 6:00.

DD woke around 7:30 needing the toilet, I got up and helped her and then she came into our bed for a cuddle (weekend ritual). DH was awake and we all had a bit of a chat until DD got hungry and DH fell back to sleep leaving me to sort her out. That was an hour ago and I can still hear snores from upstairs!

I know IAB a bit U because there's no point both of us being tired, and if I were in bed I probably couldn't sleep anyway, but why oh why can he sleep so easily and just drop back off like that? Can't he give me some of his sleep? It's so not fair! <stamps feet>

pipsqueak25 Sat 29-Apr-17 09:06:36

brew, get him on board for some night feeds asap that'll sort the snoring out ! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: