We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be worried

(3 Posts)
Mrsglitterfairy Fri 28-Apr-17 20:55:51

I've been having really irregular bleeding for over year now so finally went to the docs. I'm on the pill (microgynon) and have been for about 15 years apart from when ttc and obv pregnant. For a while now my 'period' has only lasted for a day, 2 max but then I've been having bleeding on and off through the month, mainly after sex. Went to the docs on Tuesday, she tested for any infection etc which all came back fine so had a scan today.
The sonography was asking lots of questions around if I'd ever had the coil etc and then when I said no, said she wanted to do an internal scan. Not the most pleasent experience but hey ho.
Now it's left me worried though as it was only supposed to be an external scan so why did she want to do the other? And why ask about the coil? I have to ring next week for the results but am sending myself crazy thinking about what could be wrong.. someone tell me to get a grip!

Dumbo412 Fri 28-Apr-17 21:06:37

She may have been trying to check your ovaries with the external scan. It can really vary depending on you and the person who does it for you.

TMI here, but as you haven't had any replies as I started reading, I will pile in with my experience. I carry a lot of weight on my tummy, which makes a scan almost impossible that way. So it's always transvaginal.

I also want to tell you that you very well may have PCOS because that does cause irregular bleeding. Being on the pill can help with symptoms of PCOS, but I get bleeding. I spot and spot and spot then it stops, then it happens just after sex, then it stops. It's more likely to be that than cancer. It could even be a polyp.

I have never been on the pill, but can not having a period mean that it's just blood that isn't being expelled from your womb? Or does that not happen when on the pill?

Please try not to worry, I bled for one month steadily, I was sure that I had cancer. Six years ago, definitely was not. Just a hormone problem!

boffin9207 Sat 29-Apr-17 10:07:53

Please don't be worried about the internal scan. I know it's not pleasant and can fill your head with worry but my doctor told me it was better than an external one. I had one last year after lots of irregular bleeding on the pill and was convinced that there was something wrong with me. Try not to worry and do stuff you enjoy to take your mind off it. Someone once said to me that worrying before you know the reality is a waste of energy because you don't know what is going to happen.

Hope all is well, OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now