Talk

Advanced search

to wonder who the Hell thinks being President of the USA is anything but incredibly difficult?

(35 Posts)
DrSeuss Fri 28-Apr-17 19:00:30

resistancereport.com/tag/reuters/
I knew it was unbelievably difficult and I've only watched the box set of the West Wing!
If it's too much work, maybe he should let someone else have go?

nakedandconcerned Fri 28-Apr-17 19:04:00

People who don't understand politics.

There are ALOT of ignorant people who think jobs like prime minister and president are easy. Think how often you hear people say 'well if I was president...'

originalbiglymavis Fri 28-Apr-17 19:06:12

I thought that the orange one whining about the job being tooooooo hard was hilarious.

Whodve thunk it? Especially since he spends every weekend away playing golf. Poor lamb.

Squirmy65ghyg Fri 28-Apr-17 19:08:53

I think we're living in some sort of post parody parody.

What the actual fuck did he expect?

originalbiglymavis Fri 28-Apr-17 19:15:15

Running the free world is harder than being a reality gameshow host? Really?

I suspect he didn't really think this out very well.

Chloe1984 Fri 28-Apr-17 19:17:50

I think in a hypothetical situation if you you could have offered both May and Trump a way out on the very they day they went into power, both would have snapped your hands off.

MycatsaPirate Fri 28-Apr-17 19:17:58

I'm sure he thought it would mean he could pop into the office for an hour a day and sign a few things and say 'Bob, sort out the refugees thing', 'Dave, sort out the economy' and 'Jeff, you're in charge of bombing the fuck out of syra/iraq/afghanistan'.

Then he could go and eat cake and start a war with N Korea in between rounds of golf.

P1nkP0ppy Fri 28-Apr-17 19:20:05

Poor diddums, wtf did he expect?
Just proves how utterly ridiculous it is that he's President.
He's beyond a joke, ghastlyman.

megletthesecond Fri 28-Apr-17 19:21:04

He hasn't surprised me much lately (he's as awful as I anticipated). But today's comments have left me baffled. My 8yr old could tell you being president / prime minister is hard.

TheFlis12345 Fri 28-Apr-17 19:23:00

This is what happens when you go for a job you are so massively under qualified and inexperienced for!

QueenLaBeefah Fri 28-Apr-17 19:23:11

Probably the first proper days work he's done in his entire life. What an idiot.

toffee1000 Fri 28-Apr-17 19:24:09

The orange buffoon didn't want to be the President in the same way Hillary Clinton did. He just wanted more power. Now he's realising he actually has to do stuff... Probably partly why he said such ridiculous crap during the campaigns, don't think he fully expected to be elected. Now he has been and he's having to come to terms with what it actually means.

P1nkP0ppy Fri 28-Apr-17 19:29:51

What it actually means is that he's a total liability and incapable of carrying out his election promises.
I cannot think of anyone less capable of being POTUS, it's frightening IMO.

TheSultanofPingu Fri 28-Apr-17 19:54:10

Bless him, silly man.

noblegiraffe Fri 28-Apr-17 20:04:12

It's probably because he's tweeting so much. Other Presidents weren't such prolific users of social media so probably found the job much easier. He really should delegate the tweeting, poor man.

squishysquirmy Fri 28-Apr-17 20:10:13

A man with a god complex who vastly overates his own abilities?

TheDowagerCuntess Fri 28-Apr-17 20:22:51

The most incredible thing about this is that he's actually saying out loud. To journalists.

It goes to show exactly how stupid he is.

I said on 8 Nov, that the only consolation was now he would actually have to front up, and DO all the things he promised (only) he could/would do, and all would be revealed - not only to his base, but to himself as well.

Sure enough. He hasn't had one success yet.

originalbiglymavis Fri 28-Apr-17 23:07:06

Anyone else watching the film on TV tonight where the White House is attacked the north Koreans? He knows it's not a documentary, right?

Renaissance2017 Fri 28-Apr-17 23:16:57

And of course everyone here could do so much better than Trump or May.

It's a bit like being a ref in a sport. Everyone thinks they can do better and frequently criticise, but never put themselves forward to do it!

originalbiglymavis Fri 28-Apr-17 23:20:21

I could do better than Trump. Ive managed enough to know that rule 1 is to get the best people in the key jobs around you.

birdsdestiny Fri 28-Apr-17 23:22:59

To be fair I could do better than Trump and I'm shit.

annandale Fri 28-Apr-17 23:28:03

No, I'd be a terrible President. The difference is that I haven't applied for the job.

TathitiPete Sat 29-Apr-17 00:04:13

Trump did not expect to be elected. He hadn't even packed an overnight just in case/on the off chance he was elected. Rather he wanted to lose and then throw a loud tantrum about how it's all a fix and spend the next four years (at least) harassing the actual president and loudly declaring how much better he would have done. If he'd been elected. If the vote hadn't been rigged.

IamalsoSpartacus Sat 29-Apr-17 00:07:42

not correct, Rennaisance. I've put myself forward for election, mor than once, and doubt I'm the only one.

IamalsoSpartacus Sat 29-Apr-17 00:08:01

*more

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now