Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To move or not to move?

(9 Posts)
Jellymuffin Fri 28-Apr-17 15:10:19

I'm currently pregnant with DS 2 and have a 4 year old. We live in a great house in an amazing location opposite a huge park BUT I can't get out of my head that I need to move! It's a traditional 3 bed with no garage one of the beds is a box room which will be the nursery. We are thinking about a 4 bed with garage but it would alter our way of life financially. We could extend slightly out the side and front to make the box room bigger but wouldn't add much value only a small amount of space. Help me! Do I relax and enjoy what we have or make plans to move? We also have a massive shed in the garden which is a playroom if that changes things.

PeaFaceMcgee Fri 28-Apr-17 15:12:57

Don't make any plans to move whilst pregnant. See how you get on - there's no rush. It's all so stressful and unless it's essential right now, you need to minimise cortisol in pregnancy.

Jellymuffin Fri 28-Apr-17 15:13:44

I'm such an over planner! It's one of my biggest faults! Always lurching myself onto the next worry!!!

PeaFaceMcgee Fri 28-Apr-17 15:14:30

Me too... Is there anything else you could invest your energies in for now?

Blimey01 Fri 28-Apr-17 15:15:30

Don't bother moving for now. Enjoy what you have.

Jellymuffin Fri 28-Apr-17 15:15:40

Pinning lots of nurseries and shared boy bedrooms! I don't know if it's a crazy pregnancy thing of mine! I moved within a year of having DS1 even though I swore I wouldn't!!!

NancyDonahue Fri 28-Apr-17 15:18:28

Can you plan a holiday? That usually takes my mind off thinking about massive life changes. I love looking at holiday cottages and airbnb smile

Jellymuffin Fri 28-Apr-17 15:19:59

That's a great idea - we've never really travelled as big life things have got in the way. We have so many places we want to go and moving would make that less likely in the shorter term.

NancyDonahue Fri 28-Apr-17 15:22:58

Go while baby is still immobile. Our best holiday was when dd3 was 3 months, she slept most of the time. The year after that she was a bloody nightmare!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now