Talk

Advanced search

DH stinks of raw garlic. AIBU?

(10 Posts)
MrsSpenserGregson Fri 28-Apr-17 11:42:33

WIBU to insist that DH sleeps in the spare room tonight?

He is eating raw garlic <boak> for a "cold" that he has it's just a tiny sniffle FGS

He STINKS.

Our bedroom stinks. Our sheets stink.

The whole house stinks.

Am I exceptionally sensitive to the smell of raw garlic, or do others also find it repulsive? I mean, it makes me gag when he comes near me. He says he's asked all his colleagues and none of them can smell anything. I don't believe him.

He showers morning and evening but garlic comes out through the pores 24/7, right?

Is this like the sticky earwax gene, which I learned about on mumsnet several years ago, and some people just cannot smell raw garlic?!

UppityHumpty Fri 28-Apr-17 11:44:29

I love the smell of raw fresh garlic but tbh I wouldn't want my dh smelling of it.

Soubriquet Fri 28-Apr-17 11:45:40

Eugh...yanbu!

What's the sticky earwax gene?

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Fri 28-Apr-17 11:47:17

I love garlic in food but the smell of garlic bread makes me ill. .
Dh doesn't eat it or he knows he would be banished to the sofa.
Yanbu to banish also.

MrsSpenserGregson Fri 28-Apr-17 11:52:28

Sticky earwax gene = you don't produce smelly sweat, apparently!!

nelipotter Fri 28-Apr-17 12:05:04

I love fresh garlic. If you both eat it, you won't smell it! If you can't beat em join em...

FinallyHere Fri 28-Apr-17 12:45:32

I understand, when i get a cough or a cold, raw garlic is the only thing that shifts it. I used to get them all the time, now hardly at all. It is a known ayurvedic remedy. DH, who eats lots albeit cooked garlic claims he doesn't smell it on me. My mother who does not like it so never eats it can smell it on me seemingly before i have even opened the door and come it.

I would encourage you to try the 40 clove garlic roast chicken recipes, there are lots and they are all pretty similar so you wont notice it either. You might find you become a fan.

MrsSpenserGregson Fri 28-Apr-17 13:04:39

grin Cooked garlic is different to raw garlic! Raw garlic literally makes me retch, there is no way I could consume any as I'd be throwing it straight back up. Happy to try the garlic chicken, sounds amazing!

floraeasy Fri 28-Apr-17 13:06:23

If you think that's bad, wait until he farts grin

FloatyCat Fri 28-Apr-17 13:11:16

Garlic is very anti social both cooked & uncooked in my opinion grin
completely biased as it wrecks my insides

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now