Talk

Advanced search

DD's Milk

(5 Posts)
Tenerife2015 Fri 28-Apr-17 08:34:42

Morning everyone!

DD is 9 months old and is a fab eater but not great with her milk!

She'll have 4oz in the morning, some milk in her breakfast most days and another 4/5oz in the evening before bed. I used to give her a bottle in the afternoon but dropped it as she wasn't eating her tea. Was this a bad move? DD drinks lots of water and watery fruits so dehydration isn't a concern. Just the lack of milk.

Should I be giving DD more bottles?

Tenerife2015 Fri 28-Apr-17 09:14:20

Anyone?

Sunshinegirl82 Fri 28-Apr-17 09:19:11

I'm bf but ds (10 months) went through a phase of not wanting much milk. I spoke to the hv who said to be led by him and some babies just take to weaning really well. He has upped his milk again since then so you might find this is just a phase. Perhaps offer a bottle after lunch and see if she's interested?

I'd be tempted to take her to be weighed and mention it to the hv. If she's putting on weight and you're offering water and she's having wet and dirty nappies I wouldn't worry too much.

Daffodils07 Fri 28-Apr-17 09:21:53

I would make sure she is eating plenty of things with full fat milk in like yogurts,cheese,rice pudding,adding cheese source on mash, loads of her milk on cereals.
I think they say a pint a day so just add the rest in her food.
I wouldn't worry about her milk intake if she is drinking well and like above giving her full fat milk during the day in food sorces.

Tenerife2015 Fri 28-Apr-17 09:43:27

Thank you! Think I will take to be weighed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now