Talk

Advanced search

To rely on your advice about griddles?

(6 Posts)
pollybee123 Thu 27-Apr-17 21:30:51

Le Creuset griddle - £75

Jamie Oliver griddle - £35

Will get used 2-3 times a week. I'm not rolling in money at the moment, so wavering. Bought a £15 Sainsbury's one but the black coating flaked off after a week.

Any thoughts, advice, experiences with these or other brands?

User2468 Thu 27-Apr-17 21:32:16

I have a Le Creuset one and I love it, bomb proof and matches everything else I own, I think I bought mine for £50ish in the Debenhams sale.

Le Creuset also have outlet stores so worth bearing in mind if you're not fussy on specific colour.

MadeInAfrica Thu 27-Apr-17 21:33:39

Do you have a Home Sense nearby? I got a lovely cast iron one there at the weekend for 9.99

NotJimbo Thu 27-Apr-17 21:38:43

I have some Jamie Oliver by Tefal pans (non-stick frying pan and milk pan so different finish to the griddle) and in my experience they are better than my Le Cruset non stick pans, so not exactly comparable to your options, but I would buy the Jamie Oliver option over Le Creuset, which I now view as overpriced.

So I have various LeCreuset things, and out of all of it I have 3x rather unsatisfactory non-stick pans, one wonky sugar bowl where the lid seems the wrong size for the mis-shapen base, otherwise it's all stone-ware which is good. Of all my Jamie Oliver stuff it's 100% good, and 1/3 the price.

pollybee123 Thu 27-Apr-17 21:39:28

I have a Le Creuset outlet shop about an hour from me, but I've never been. They are also having a big warehouse sale in Andover in May. So difficult to judge whether I'll find what I'm looking for! Thanks for the feedback, glad to know you love yours.

MadeIn - I love HomeSense for pans generally. I'm a bit anxious about cheaper ones in this case because of the experience with the Sainsbury's one though. It was BBC GoodFood rated too. Thanks for the reply, I may try another branch.

pollybee123 Thu 27-Apr-17 21:40:32

Ooh, thanks encouraging NotJimbo, thanks for the reply. I may give the Jamie Oliver one a punt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now