Talk

Advanced search

Bought item but came without box

(6 Posts)
littlenicky61 Thu 27-Apr-17 18:58:06

I bought a designer item off a second hand selling site. The photos advertising the item showed it displayed in its box with a dust bag. One photo featured just a close up of the box. Item arrived today with no box . I emailed seller asking what had happened to the box and she initially ignored me but updated her original listing to mention the item came with dust bag . I emailed again and she said it doesnt come with the box and that it says in listing only about the dust bag. I think if sonething is advertised in the box and with the box its natural to assume you will receive it in the box. I wouldnt have minded if she had said it will be x price with the box or y price without but she didnt . Any ideas what I can do

Haffiana Thu 27-Apr-17 19:03:35

Open a case for 'item not as described'. Send it back for a refund.

Or are you thinking something else should happen?

19lottie82 Thu 27-Apr-17 19:06:56

Was it eBay? If so open a not described case.

If it wasn't, did you pay with PayPal (goods and services payment) ? If so open a case with them.

If not then there's not a lot you can do.

Pinkheart5915 Thu 27-Apr-17 19:10:35

Is the box important to you? Was the plan to keep it boxed? Is it a gift for someone, wouldn't a dust bag be enough?

You could ask for a refund? Try and return it?

As the item is fine, it's just a box that's missing I don't think your get a reduced price or anything, so trying to return would be your only option

littlenicky61 Thu 27-Apr-17 19:20:57

It was Depop and its a gift so was counting on the box as its a pair of shoes

19lottie82 Fri 28-Apr-17 20:21:17

How did you pay?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now