Talk

Advanced search

Bought item but came without box

(6 Posts)
littlenicky61 Thu 27-Apr-17 18:58:06

I bought a designer item off a second hand selling site. The photos advertising the item showed it displayed in its box with a dust bag. One photo featured just a close up of the box. Item arrived today with no box . I emailed seller asking what had happened to the box and she initially ignored me but updated her original listing to mention the item came with dust bag . I emailed again and she said it doesnt come with the box and that it says in listing only about the dust bag. I think if sonething is advertised in the box and with the box its natural to assume you will receive it in the box. I wouldnt have minded if she had said it will be x price with the box or y price without but she didnt . Any ideas what I can do

Haffiana Thu 27-Apr-17 19:03:35

Open a case for 'item not as described'. Send it back for a refund.

Or are you thinking something else should happen?

19lottie82 Thu 27-Apr-17 19:06:56

Was it eBay? If so open a not described case.

If it wasn't, did you pay with PayPal (goods and services payment) ? If so open a case with them.

If not then there's not a lot you can do.

Pinkheart5915 Thu 27-Apr-17 19:10:35

Is the box important to you? Was the plan to keep it boxed? Is it a gift for someone, wouldn't a dust bag be enough?

You could ask for a refund? Try and return it?

As the item is fine, it's just a box that's missing I don't think your get a reduced price or anything, so trying to return would be your only option

littlenicky61 Thu 27-Apr-17 19:20:57

It was Depop and its a gift so was counting on the box as its a pair of shoes

19lottie82 Fri 28-Apr-17 20:21:17

How did you pay?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: