Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To feel stressed out and angry due to people being stressed out and angry....

(11 Posts)
Middleagednbored Thu 27-Apr-17 16:40:26

Classic example driving DD to school this morning....

Stopped at junction to turn left about 100 yards from school and let DD out. It took her about 2 seconds to open the passenger door, climb out and close the door again before I would be on my way again to work. Car behind me pulls round to my nearside, I thought to turn right. But no, he turns left in front of me but not before flicking the Vs and mouthing obscenities at me. He then sped off past the school where the narrow street was full of kids crossing. He didn't have a child in the car (thankfully), so presumably wasn't on the school run.

Clearly, he's a tool (I'd delayed him for mere seconds so a totally unnecessary reaction) but it still got my back up as it seems these days people always seem to be angry, rushing here and there, just looking for things to be cross about. It's sad confused

Pinkandwhiteblossoms Thu 27-Apr-17 17:02:50

Overcrowded planet, is what it is.

optionalrationale Thu 27-Apr-17 17:08:02

When I see this kind of behaviour I like to scream
"LOOK WHY CAN'T YOU ALL BE AS FUCKIN ZEN AND FUCKIN MINDFUL AS WOT I AM!!! ....FUCKIN STRESSED OUT OVER N U F F I N K CUNTS!!"

Devorak Thu 27-Apr-17 17:27:18

You were thoughtless, selfish and driving without due care and consideration.

www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/waiting-and-parking-238-to-252

DeployedAbroad Thu 27-Apr-17 17:36:01

I commute down a road each morning that has a school, no other choice of road. I go earlier to avoid most of the school run rush but exactly what you've done really gets my goat! Its not "2 seconds" in reality and what you should be doing is making sure you have enough time to park properly to let your child out. YABU.

PaintingByNumbers Thu 27-Apr-17 17:39:35

perhaps its you not them (or you and them)

seriously, that driving is shit. his was too of course, but 'be the change you want to see' - act with courtesy and consideration and hopefully you will start to be treated that way in return

LadyMonicaBaddingham Thu 27-Apr-17 17:39:39

I work in a school where, sadly we see this all the time sad. It's a great shame that, it seems, a child will have to be hurt or worse before their parents park properly to let them out of the car...

Dishwashersaurous Thu 27-Apr-17 17:39:53

You were in the wrong and breaking the highway code

SorrelSoup Thu 27-Apr-17 17:49:50

And all the parents doing the two seconds drop off on the zig zags; Mounting the pavement right next to where me and dc are walking. Rude and dangerous.

Ecureuil Thu 27-Apr-17 17:54:05

Park properly to drop your DC off. Then everyone can remain 'zen'

harderandharder2breathe Thu 27-Apr-17 17:57:36

You were both in the wrong. It's not really 2 seconds and it's really annoying when people do that. But he shouldn't have got aggressive or stupidly overtaken you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now