Talk

Advanced search

Can I safely assume she's a lesbian now? Or shall I give up my dream and leave well alone

(130 Posts)
nowimqueer Thu 27-Apr-17 15:45:36

Absolutely beautiful woman joined our team four months ago. I was friendly but she made me so nervous I kept my distance a little bit so I didn't blush and make an idiot of myself. She was clearly not lesbian. She's incredibly feminine
-and has acrylic nails-. grin

However she made an effort to be friendly and I decided to just make a new friend in work. She added me on Facebook last night and OMG!!!

On 'interested in' it says Women. She's been to every gay pride march since 2007
-not that I checked her Facebook that far back-

She volunteers at a LGBT charity for HIV positive gay men.

She doesn't seem to have had any girlfriends but she has said previously she's never had a relationship as she's never met the one and is fussy!

She's shared a poster that says 'when people say I don't look gay. Sorry I forgot to shower in rainbows and sprinkles this morning'.

So can I now assume she's lesbian? Or could she just be very involved in gay rights?

And how far out of your league does someone need to be before you don't even bother trying.

For reference, she looks like Megan Fox. I look like Melissa Ferrick!

SailAwayWithMeHoney Thu 27-Apr-17 15:47:27

Why does being feminine and having acrylic nails mean she's not a lesbian confused

nelipotter Thu 27-Apr-17 15:48:51

um, yes... she is def queer. You can be sure of that.
Are you going to ask her out now?

nowimqueer Thu 27-Apr-17 15:49:11

Obviously there's feminine lesbians. But most of the time I can usually tell if someone's gay.

She didn't seem gay at all but obviously you can't tell.

no lesbians have acrylic nails. Unless they don't have sex. So it's a given usually that long nails =straight.

Chavelita Thu 27-Apr-17 15:49:31

Sheesh, it's a long time since I heard anyone use 'feminine and manicured' as a rationale for why someone definitely wasn't a lesbian.

FrenchLavender Thu 27-Apr-17 15:49:38

Did she know you were a lesbian?

MariafromMalmo Thu 27-Apr-17 15:49:55

You can certainly ask her. Just politely.
Then ask her on a date!!

SailAwayWithMeHoney Thu 27-Apr-17 15:50:59

I'll have to let my friend and her wife know that their acrylic nails mean they aren't lesbians 😂

ToastyFingers Thu 27-Apr-17 15:51:45

Sounds gay as Christmas smile.

You probably don't know her very well though, if she's never mentioned it.

Get to know each other, and see where it goes!

FurryElephant Thu 27-Apr-17 15:53:17

I'd say that's about 110% definite winkplease ask her out and come back with a cute love story! <squeeee> grin

nowimqueer Thu 27-Apr-17 15:55:14

Well sex with long nails is actually awful so can't see any lesbians having long nails.
Ouch!!!

Can't ask her out until she moves to a different building or it wouldn't be fair on her. I've no indication she's actually interested in me.

I just was shocked she was gay as at least that means I've a minuscule chance. Possibly!

dontpokethebear Thu 27-Apr-17 15:55:21

The mind boggles...

BrandMombie Thu 27-Apr-17 15:55:43

Oh I love a happy ending. Ask her out OP, and update us on your love story! wink

nowimqueer Thu 27-Apr-17 15:55:46

She's knows I'm lesbian.

nowimqueer Thu 27-Apr-17 15:56:11

There won't be any outcome for months. I'm not planning to ask her on a date anytime soon.

badtime Thu 27-Apr-17 15:57:57

It certainly sounds like she is attracted to women.

About the nails, she may not have sex - she may be asexual but attracted to women or just long-term single - and she may just have the nails because she likes them.

As to your other question, leagues are bullshit.

squoosh Thu 27-Apr-17 15:59:27

She's definitely gay but if she's never been in a relationship because she's mega fussy it may mean she just wants to be your pal.

Batgirlspants Thu 27-Apr-17 15:59:31

Still thinking about the nails and can't b understanding. Don't lesbians use toys hmm

Batgirlspants Thu 27-Apr-17 16:00:34

Bugger pressed too soon. Sorry if ignorant and daft. Op ask her and good good luck hope it's good outcome flowers

WowserBowser Thu 27-Apr-17 16:02:01

Ive just googled Melissa Ferrick! She's actually really attractive. I think I'd probs fancy her over Megan Fox if i fancied women.

<misses point>

WowserBowser Thu 27-Apr-17 16:03:07

Not spiky uncomfortable ones Batgirl.

Bloomed Thu 27-Apr-17 16:03:49

Can't you just befriend her and see if there's a mutual attraction? I know a lesbian with long nails hmm

BorpBorpBorp Thu 27-Apr-17 16:05:01

Can you remove acryllic nails easily (I have no idea)? Maybe she removes and replaces her nails often, or maybe she doesn't use her fingers much during sex.

AgathaF Thu 27-Apr-17 16:05:17

*Well sex with long nails is actually awful so can't see any lesbians having long nails.
Ouch!!!* - erm, straight people with long nails have sex without too many problems.

Emmageddon Thu 27-Apr-17 16:05:27

My daughter and her wife both have acrylic nails, does that mean they're not proper lesbians? grin

Back on topic, ask her out - but just because you're both gay, doesn't mean she will fancy you back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now