Talk

Advanced search

To sell unwanted gifts on eBay?

(4 Posts)
scrabbbling Thu 27-Apr-17 12:03:58

We have collected a fair few lovely gifts since moving house, nothing major but the odd pair of nice wine glasses, fancy toiletries etc which we have been storing but will never use. Would IBU to sell them on eBay? We could re-gift of course but we are a bit strapped at the moment so the extra money would be greatly appreciated but I feel morally it is probably wrong and I would die of shame if the gift giver ever saw their item listed for sale online.

Is it likely anyone would know, and would it be awful to do it?

Flimbo Thu 27-Apr-17 12:13:29

No hun I don't see it is wrong, personally.

Go for it - no one will know - Shh

MelinaMercury Thu 27-Apr-17 12:26:45

Unless the gifts are unique and easily identified it's unlikely the giver would ever recognise that they were the ones that they bought, although if they know your ebay userID and are likely to search/follow then obviously that could be an issue.

I don't see anything wrong with it, it's a gift, it's yours to do as you wish even if that is to sell it on. This is why I always ask people what they would like as a gift rather than just produce something random to avoid giving unwanted stuff!

theoryofmind Thu 27-Apr-17 12:27:07

If you need the money go for it, why would the givers want you to struggle if they knew their gift might help?

If you are worried about being identifiable, you could change your location ID on the eBay selling page to UK or whichever country you live in and leave it at that.

I hope you are successful smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now