Talk

Advanced search

Facebook, trans ID & Nips

(8 Posts)
WhisperingLoudly Thu 27-Apr-17 07:55:13

So it's all there in the title: this is a trans thread.
But also a Facebook thread
And a breast feeding one.

For years FB have banned pics of breastfeeding mothers because, you know, standards. Rules are insane clear: lady-nips are bad

So what happens if you post lady-nips* on Facebook but you identify as a man? Same pics, same nips different identity. Turns out that's ok....

So to recap a woman who says she's a woman can't post photos of her breasts but once she says she's a man hell yeah!

AIBU to think the world is now going to turn itself inside out trying to figure this shit out?

*to be clear to the miserable fuckers this is "light hearted" terminology

BillSykesDog Thu 27-Apr-17 07:57:16

That is mental.

ClopySow Thu 27-Apr-17 07:59:16

Agree with billy

OnionKnight Thu 27-Apr-17 08:00:32

WTF?

Facebook is very backwards though, live streaming yourself killing your daughter before killing yourself is allowed but women's nipples must be hidden.

TrojanWhore Thu 27-Apr-17 08:02:12

I can't see the full second response from FB.

Do they specifically say it's because of gender identification. Or are these stock responses (every request gets a review by a person, and any reinstated image gets the same wording when they do it)

Because I thought breastfeeding photos are sometimes be reinstated, depending on the actual pic.

Laiste Thu 27-Apr-17 08:02:18

Where is this all going to end up?

Sometimes i feel really old.

WhisperingLoudly Thu 27-Apr-17 10:00:03

But they're right.

If you're a woman because you say you are and it's offensive to show a woman's breasts but not a mans chest, then any breasts belonging to a male can no longer be deemed offensive.

WorraLiberty Thu 27-Apr-17 10:16:37

Hmm it's interesting that this Jack Strickland guy hasn't produced the photo in question.

It'll be interesting to find out whether this is a hoax or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now