Talk

Advanced search

To wonder if I'm being told the truth

(4 Posts)
Lostinouterspace Wed 26-Apr-17 22:32:50

I had a parcel that was due to be delivered in a one hour window. Received an email saying it wasn't coming so went out. When I returned there was no parcel but I got an email saying the parcel had been delivered. I phoned up to be told it had been signed for by someone and they'd signed my name.

A few versions of what happened later I was told the parcel was delivered to a neighbour who initially signed for it - and the squiggle resembled my initials - but then realised it wasn't for her. The courier then took it to the correct address and left it with another parcel which had also been left outside my house. The courier told me that the parcel had a chip in it so they could track it even after it had been delivered. I thought that was great if a little creepy.

But now I've been told a new package is being sent.

So my question is AIBU to think I'm not being told the truth especially about the neighbour signing with my initials, there being a second parcel and the chip being traceable

BouleBaker Wed 26-Apr-17 22:41:32

All sounds like codswallop to me! At least another parcel is on its way.

harderandharder2breathe Wed 26-Apr-17 23:23:30

It all sounds weird

Does the neighbour have the same initials as you (or that could look similar in squiggle form?)

I'd be wondering if the courier left it outside and forged your signature to a) mark it as a successful delivery so they don't have to waste time and b) you don't have to go collect or arrange redelivery. But that still doesn't explain why it wasn't there when you got home. confused

Lostinouterspace Wed 26-Apr-17 23:25:20

They didn't say which neighbour but none of my near neighbours have the same initials

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now