Talk

Advanced search

To hate food waste and ask for ideas

(10 Posts)
Shitonmyshoe Wed 26-Apr-17 20:16:14

We have 2 punnets of strawberries and the kids are turning their noses up because they still have Easter eggs left. They really need using. Any suggestions for easy but tasty recipes for strawberries please

chitofftheshovel Wed 26-Apr-17 20:17:37

Melt the chocolate and dip the strawberries in?

BewtySkoolDropowt Wed 26-Apr-17 20:18:40

Strawberry muffins
If you macerate them (add some sugar and balsamic vinegar to sliced or halved strawberries) they'll keep a bit longer in the fridge, and with ice cream or meringue.

Eton mess. Irresistible!

JellyMouldJnr Wed 26-Apr-17 20:19:30

I'd make them into a jam or a coulis to preserve them

TinklyLittleLaugh Wed 26-Apr-17 20:20:54

You can freeze them. They don't defrost perfectly, but they are fine for Eton mess or jam or something like that. I grow strawberries and always end up with a glut that I freeze.

Rainybo Wed 26-Apr-17 20:21:16

Make jam/smoothies/put them in with breakfast cereal or porridge/freeze them into ice lollies/bake them into a cake.

SweetChickadee Wed 26-Apr-17 20:21:57

whizz one punnet up with icing sugar to make a strawberry sauce, chop the other punnet

make meringues, dollop of whipped cream, strawbs on top, slosh of sauce...lovely

they were selling raspberries cheap the other day and this is what I did with them

elevenclips Wed 26-Apr-17 20:22:11

I'd put them in a blender with other stuff and serve as a smoothie.
Although no strawberries would ever be left over in my house!

Pariswhenitdrizzles Wed 26-Apr-17 20:37:21

I would probably make a quick jam or sauce with them, or freeze them and then you can add them to smoothies or cereal/porridge smile

PoleStarOnce Wed 26-Apr-17 20:46:20

Nigella's strawberry and almond crumble is lovely. Recipe on her website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now