Advanced search

I know I am unreasonable for asking here but need some advice.

(6 Posts)
Lonelymummyof1 Wed 26-Apr-17 17:29:17

Took daughter to local hospotal today as she was scheduled to have a new central line put in and old one removed.
She had an ultrasound which showes left side where current line is in has patent veins however right side has no flow due to a blood clot.
Her surgery was cancelled due to no theatre slot and I asked the surgeon what about the clot and basically got the reply well it was not the reason we did the ultrasound and sent us on our way.

Do I need to get a second opinion on this ? Or are blood clots generally not treated ?

IloveBanff Wed 26-Apr-17 17:31:27

You need to get answers from the medical staff treating your daughter, not here.

mrsBeverleygoldberg Wed 26-Apr-17 17:35:44

Ring the hospital and find out. It doesn't sound very satisfactory at all to send you home with something not working.

Lonelymummyof1 Wed 26-Apr-17 17:39:10

We were in the hospital and I did ask the surgeon did not just walk out like ok I will ask mumsnet but surgeon was dismissive
Its 5pm and no teams are going to be on until morning so thought someone might have gone through something similar and could help ease my mind.

SummerHouse Wed 26-Apr-17 17:46:32

flowers this sounds like a really horrible day. Hand hold. I am sure it is not urgent or serious or that surgeon would be risking disciplinary action. So try not to worry for now and call PALS when you can. They are patient advice and liaison service and can make enquiries and help.

Welshmaenad Wed 26-Apr-17 18:16:24

I have no useful advice whatsoever but also wanted to pop on with a hand hold, you sound so worried and I'm sure you are already under enough stress. Your username made me feel really sad. flowers

Agree with a PP that whilst I think the surgeon was dismissive of your concerns, he would not risk sending your DD home if there were immediate concerns about the clot, regardless of the reasons for doing the ultrasound. Please try to relax tonight and try to get hold of someone tomorrow who is familiar with your daughter's care who can advise you further.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: