Talk

Advanced search

Angry with new boss AIBU

(10 Posts)
Stressedout10 Tue 25-Apr-17 23:43:11

Started a new job just over a year ago, there was a assistant manager who chose to take a 11 month leave of absence to go rep abroad. Well a little over 3 weeks ago she came back, within a week she had 1/2 my staff quit after screaming at them in front of other staff and customers (I've been acting supervisor of another department for 6 months all the work and responsibility yet no extra pay). Since then I've had to do overtime and come in on days off whilst training new staff and even go a week no days off! I've basically only had 2 days off in 3 weeks, when I'm not in she keeps bombarding me with texts and calls even texting me at 12:30 am (says it's ok as she didn't expect an imedate reply )
Yesterday had ds at hospital (he's got ADHD and autism ) had taken day off to take him to the appointment (am widow with 2 dc btw) she new this and my home circumstances and phoned me 3 times whilst we were with Dr had to turn phone off when I turned it back on 4 missed calls and 2 texts demanding I call her.
So today I told her to stop harassing me am wanting to quit a job I love because of this. I guess my question is who is being unreasonable me or her

Moanyoldcow Tue 25-Apr-17 23:46:35

Her! Her her her! Do you have an HR department you can contact? You need to raise a formal complaint. Good luck.

aaahhhBump Tue 25-Apr-17 23:48:44

Her!

How big is the company? Refer to HR and ignore all contact outside work time unless prior arrangements have been reached regarding compensation for disrupting your life outside work.

Stressedout10 Wed 26-Apr-17 00:02:55

We're a part of a large chain but are a small branch am thinking of complaining to area manager just don't want to seem unreasonable

emmyrose2000 Wed 26-Apr-17 03:25:03

Definitely complain to the higher ups. This other woman is ridiculous, unprofessional and unreasonable. The fact the higher ups aren't pulling her up on the fact that so many staff have quit due to her is rather mindboggling.

Also, stop going in on your time off. Every time you do go in, it reinforces her bad behaviour. If she can't deal with the staff on her own then that's her problem and she needs to be held responsible for any fall out from that.

She's definitely harassing you, but you're agreeing to it by answering her calls. Tell her bluntly to stop calling you outside of work hours, and that any future calls/texts will go unanswered until you are back on site during work hours.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Wed 26-Apr-17 03:41:26

Yes complain.

BlueChairs Wed 26-Apr-17 04:51:14

Wow. Wow. You need to complain. Do not give up a job you love because she is both clearly incompetent and an arsehole. How dare she At those times and knowing your circumstances. She needs the sack.

NightWanderer Wed 26-Apr-17 04:58:43

I agree, you need to stand up to her and not answer your phone or emails until you get back to work.

Stressedout10 Wed 26-Apr-17 14:07:39

Have just sent a strongly worded email to said manager and cc it to area manager and hr now I guess I wait and see what happens

Chocmudpie Wed 26-Apr-17 14:45:30

Let us know the outcome OP. she has obviously got an issue with coming back to work or something, she clearly doesnt want to be there and is making life hell. Or shes throwing herself back into work but in all the wrong ways. Either way YANBU. glad you've done something about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now