Talk

Advanced search

To not have another child with my partner

(8 Posts)
AliceIsthatYou Tue 25-Apr-17 23:20:16

We've been together nearly 6 years, but this past year or so I've noticed incredibly how lazy he is, how he doesn't manage finances properly (bills paid late or never! I'm sahm).

We were talking about maybe having another baby the end of this year, but I'm wandering if it would really be the right thing. He works so obviously throughout the day I'll do all housework etc. But even on weekends he does nothing. He's had 2 weeks off work and tonight after clearing up tea bits I asked if he could straighten around the living room, he laid there and said he couldn't be arsed to move.

A bit later I asked if he would take dd to bed, so he did, I've just gone up to check on her and she's wearing the top she's been wearing all day??? Like really? I feel like he has no "initiative"? If that's the right word or just so fucking lazy, he'll see food on the carpet but just choose to walk past it and will leave his washing lying everywhere!

I know I've had a big rant but it's like another child realistically would be another work load for myself and I'd need help and it's made me think weather having another would be not the best idea!

Bringmewineandcake Tue 25-Apr-17 23:43:20

I'd tackle him first and either he gets himself in gear or gets lost. Definitely agree with you that it doesn't seem like the right time to have a 3rd baby.

AnyFucker Tue 25-Apr-17 23:46:22

Yanbu

Please learn a lesson from the countless women on here that have had a 3rd or 4th child when their father has always been a selfish, lazy fecker then start complaining how taken for granted they feel

Incomprehensible

Moanyoldcow Tue 25-Apr-17 23:48:17

YADNBU. Why give yourself all that extra work?

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 25-Apr-17 23:48:46

How old is your DC? Any plans to go back to work? Did he do any housework before you became a SAHM?

PickAChew Tue 25-Apr-17 23:51:36

YANBU. You already have another child, taller than you.

AliceIsthatYou Tue 25-Apr-17 23:54:24

Dc is 4. I've had a couple of jobs since having dc but at the moment I'm doing a couple of courses. I can't really remember, either he's always been lazy an I've just not realised or I've been so used to just doing everything as he worked.

I have spoke to him about a few things but tbh it hasn't changed. I asked him to do something tonight (housework related) and he just sat there grinning at me!

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 26-Apr-17 00:32:13

He sounds like he doesn't respect you at all.

How do you talk to him about it? Because calmly telling someone that you are unhappy, you feel angry when you see his washing lying all over and you are thinking about not having another child because you can't count on his support sums it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now