Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask ideas re jobs where I can work on my own

(14 Posts)
Wellington13 Tue 25-Apr-17 21:03:26

Which job can I do where I work on my own ? I don't mind if it's working from home or not .I've found that the set up I was in before ie where I worked with staff junior to me ,but I was not their line manager just gave me lots of stresses and problems and after a lot of thinking I would be happier working on my own. I would really appreciate ideas ..

SilenceOfThePrams Tue 25-Apr-17 21:12:42

Alone as in minimal human contact or alone as in not responsible to/senior to others?

Dog walker/pet sitter/house sitter would be fairly solo

Cleaner/home carer/waking nights person could be lots of solo time

If you don't want underlings, could what you are trained to do be done on a self employed/freelance basis?

Author/ghostwriter/proofreader

Virtual PA?

Wellington13 Tue 25-Apr-17 21:28:20

Thanks silence....I mean not senior to others Do you know offhand how I would get into proofreading or being a ghost writer?

UppityHumpty Tue 25-Apr-17 21:33:32

You could apply to an agency like Jack Morton or similar. Be a consultant that works onsite & you won't ever be asked to line manage people

bigchris Tue 25-Apr-17 21:35:31

Gardener
Proof reader

NameChanger22 Tue 25-Apr-17 21:39:26

Could you team up with some artists or crafters and be their seller/marketing assistant/business manager?

I think there is a real market for this. Lots of artists can't be bothered with the selling and business side and just want to create.

annandale Tue 25-Apr-17 21:42:24

Patent lawyer - usually working within a partnership but oddly solitary in most of the work.

Wellington13 Tue 25-Apr-17 22:25:58

Thanks....I hadn't heard of Jack Morton Some good ideas here ..

MusicToMyEars800 Tue 25-Apr-17 22:28:23

I am a cleaner, I love it I can go into work put my earphones in listen to my music and get on with my work.

MooseyMouse Wed 26-Apr-17 06:39:50

Train driver, HGV driver.

BikeRunSki Wed 26-Apr-17 06:47:00

Postman

FruitCider Wed 26-Apr-17 07:12:18

Why did you struggle having staff more junior than you but not having to line manage them? That sounds great to me, you could have nurtured their abilities and helped them gain a step up without having to do all of the awful disciplinary stuff!

misscarlar Wed 26-Apr-17 07:14:54

I work pretty much on my own in a supermarket home shopping department doing other people's shopping ready for delivery.

Wellington13 Wed 26-Apr-17 07:28:03

Hi Fruit cider ....I found that even when things clearly needed changed eg to avoid something going wrong , because I wasn't their line manager, they didn't listen and just carried on so the same thing would happen again Unfortunately I didn't get support from the wider organization, so I ended up leaving

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now