Talk

Advanced search

To think that this adult should grow up a bit...

(62 Posts)
shellhider Tue 25-Apr-17 15:15:09

The children have just gone back after Easter, she's now moaning about how she's lonely and august is too long to wait and that a one day bank holiday is a waste of time as it's only a day and that they have fun every day.

Some families would give their right arm to be able to have multiple holidays a year and to have the masses of gifts her children get. We are fortunate enough to be in a position to have holidays and days out but publicly complaining when I'm that situation seems so juvenile.

ProudBadMum Tue 25-Apr-17 15:16:56

I could wait for kids to go back grin

Some people like been around their kids. She's one of them. No harm

Sleepdeprivedredhead Tue 25-Apr-17 15:19:58

So she's complaining that her children are back at school and she misses them and you're jealous that her family went away together.
And because not "everyone" can afford a holiday you think she shouldn't express her feelings in public.
Just avoid her. And everyone else that wants to share with you what they enjoy. Just in case you don't approve.hmm

witsender Tue 25-Apr-17 15:21:47

I don't get it tbh, doesn't she just mean she misses her kids when they go back to school?

mummabearfoyrbabybears Tue 25-Apr-17 15:23:47

I say things like this to my friends. I miss my children when they're at school and I'm dreading my youngest starting in August. What's the issue? Can I just get your knickers further in a twist by also pointing out that I'm a full time mum!!!

Pinkheart5915 Tue 25-Apr-17 15:25:54

Why can't she miss having her children at home? Some parents you know do actually like the children being home and it's not a crime to miss your own child

Why can't she go on multiple holiday, what has that got to do with anything?
Why can't she buy her children gifts? That's up to her isn't it?

We all do things that others can't afford, we are all allowed to have a mini moan about things ffs!

BestZebbie Tue 25-Apr-17 15:26:20

....none of the things in your OP actually refer to having a holiday away, though, do they? She is just feeling the contrast of an empty house now the kids are back at school, having had fun together over the holidays. Nothing immature about that!

ParadiseCity Tue 25-Apr-17 15:27:58

I have a Facebook friend like that. Irl she doesn't seem that keen on her kids tbh. I think she just likes whinging...

LoveB Tue 25-Apr-17 15:28:30

I don't understand. I think YABU

notangelinajolie Tue 25-Apr-17 15:33:59

OP I'm slightly confused by your post. Please explain why missing your kids and wanting to spend time with them is juvenile? What is wrong with wanting to be with your children?

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Tue 25-Apr-17 15:44:32

I used to miss my children when they went back to school, I wasn't aware that was considered odd.

Majorgoodwinschickenbeatstrump Tue 25-Apr-17 15:46:59

I think it's far more weird when they are desperate for the kids to go back to school and don't work either...

LavenderDoll Tue 25-Apr-17 15:47:42

Why Is it odd to miss your children?

user1489261248 Tue 25-Apr-17 15:52:27

Urgh what an unpleasant original post! This reminds me of people who scoff when you say you and your child are friends, cos apparently, it's not possible to be friends with your child; you can only be a disciplinarian and order them about.

Me having coffee once a week with my (young adult) daughter (who lives half hour drive from me,) and going shopping with her twice a month or so, and going away for the weekend to Eurodisney, and going to a Green day concert with her, is a bit weird apparently, and 'odd,' and 'not quite normal,' according to a couple of bitter jealous bitches women I know. Unsurprisingly, one is child free and one has 2 (adult) sons. wink

I used to love my daughter being off school, and as I worked part time, I had a whale of a time with her, going on day trips to the beach, going for picnics, going to the cinema, going to concerts and the theatre etc. And DH used to enjoy her being off too, and used to love the daddy/daughter days they shared. He would take her fishing, and to play golf, and suchlike.

Why can people not just live and let live? The OP sounds a bit spiteful. What's your problem? Are you jealous? hmm

witchofzog Tue 25-Apr-17 15:56:39

Missing your children and money for hoidays are 2 very separate things. Its ok to miss your children. You sound jealous tbh op

xForsythia Tue 25-Apr-17 15:57:09

Are you really bitching about a mother who misses her kids when they are at school? Why?

Feeling guilty that you prefer your own kids to be at school which is a bit weird frankly

And what's wrong with moaning about a single bank holiday? I have been moaning for 15 years that weekends should be 3 days long anyway grin

Goldmandra Tue 25-Apr-17 15:59:24

I miss my children when they aren't here. I worked as a childminder when they were little so I could be at home with them.

DD2 has AS and was unable to attend school for 15 months. I loved having her with me at the same time as I fought tooth and nail for a decent school placement for her. She's now at residential school and DD1 is away at university. I miss them both.

Not all parents are hanging out for the end of the holidays. Some of us enjoy them.

Mulberry72 Tue 25-Apr-17 15:59:42

I miss my DS(10) when he's at school, I love it when it gets to 3pm and I know that he'll be home soon.

I really enjoy the school holidays when we can do things together, what's wrong with that?

I'm the same with DH too, am I weird because I like spending time with my family?

RomanticWalksToTheFridge Tue 25-Apr-17 16:03:35

I confess I miss my DS badly when he is at school- but I work from home so have the relative luxury to be about during holidays and I get lonely during the day too! Plus there is a bit of guilt there too as we rarely go on holidays (camping trip on the IOW this year which I am very very excited about) and so when he goes back to school I feel guilty I wasted it and did not do 'enough' with him.

irvineoneohone Tue 25-Apr-17 16:12:19

When my ds is at school, I miss him, wish he was home.
During holiday, I wish he was at school. grin

MagicMojito Tue 25-Apr-17 16:16:41

Well im a sahm and I actually felt really emotional on sunday night about dd1 having to go back to school after a measley 1 week off when every other bugger seems to have had AGES off hmm I really enjoy having her home with me and I feel sad when the holidays finish. So shoot me.

(Dd2 is a whole other kettle of fish and I'm actively counting down the days until she starts nursery!) grin

JoandMax Tue 25-Apr-17 16:16:57

I always desperately miss mine the first few days back to school after the holidays until we get into the routine again! I genuinely love them being at home and enjoy my time with them. I can't wait for the summer as they have 9.5 weeks off

Ragwort Tue 25-Apr-17 16:17:50

I think it sounds a bit of a cringey post, I can sort of understand her point of view (although I certainly don't share it grin) but I think it makes her sound a bit wet and as though she hasn't got anything else going on in her life.

I assume it's a comment on Facebook - yet again I am so pleased I don't have FB in my life smile. Do people really write such drivel?

shellhider Tue 25-Apr-17 16:20:12

She can miss her children, I do as well but it seems wrong to be moaning about a one day bank holiday being a waste of time when other families can't afford to do holidays etc.

We are fortunate that we can afford holidays and days out but it seems wrong to complain when there are so many who can't. That's what I'm objecting to, not her missing her children.

elgatoderisa Tue 25-Apr-17 16:24:47

I think it's you who needs to grow up OP. What is your issue exactly? That this woman enjoys being with her kids? That she goes on holiday? Hardly a shocker is it?

I love it when the kids are home because we're on our own schedule and no homework! We can stay up late and sleep in. What's wrong with that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now