Talk

Advanced search

To not want to wear jeans EVER again?!

(75 Posts)
LilacSpatula Tue 25-Apr-17 13:40:16

DD is 20 weeks old and although I didn't put too much weight on, jeans are soooo uncomfortable I've been living in maternity leggings. No unsightly lumps and bumps, they're warm and comfy.

However, now on my third pair from H&M and the fucking cat keeps jumping off my lap and ripping them. Pair no.3 have just died because someone knocked on the front door.

Any solutions to non-ripped leggings but not jeans and no lumps?! Driving me mad!

BodyformForYou Tue 25-Apr-17 13:42:44

I know what you mean about comfort levels, but I do think jeans look better

You need to get a good fitting pair, then there will be no lumps x

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Tue 25-Apr-17 13:42:58

Dungarees! I'm finding mine are the ultimate in comfort... unless I need the loo in a hurry grin

Coastalcommand Tue 25-Apr-17 13:45:54

I love black linen trousers. Comfy and hide a multitude of sins!

LittleWingSoul Tue 25-Apr-17 13:47:48

I have never 'done jeans'. I have one skinny pair for nights out (when discomfort is expected - haha!) But other than that - no. Too stiff and restrictive and risk of builders bum! And I'm a size 8/10 so has nothing to do with having put on weight.

Tights and skirts/dresses in the winter, leggings for loungy days, shorts and skirts or harem pants in the summer.

HTH smile

Shockedwife Tue 25-Apr-17 13:48:15

My baby is 16 weeks and I had the same depressing realisation recently with my pre preg jeans sad
I've been wearing black maternity jeans from jo jo maman, they're sooooo comfy and look like black skinnies I love them!

ItchyFoot Tue 25-Apr-17 13:49:51

I wear joggers in the house for the same reason. Too many clothes ruined by the bloody cat.

MrsSpenserGregson Tue 25-Apr-17 13:51:05

Ooh yes harem pants @LittleWingSoul !! Where do you buy yours? I'm in the same position except I seem to have outgrown jeans as my arse has flattened and dropped due to being <ahem> bloody old...

malificent7 Tue 25-Apr-17 13:51:47

Jeggins are your friend. I have 3 pairs of cord ones from Lidl. They look stylish and are comfy.

malificent7 Tue 25-Apr-17 13:52:42

Harem pants are great !

peachgreen Tue 25-Apr-17 13:53:50

Pretty sure I'm just going to wear maternity jeans forever even after giving birth - they look SO comfy!

Anyway, jeggings is the answer! Sainsbury's do some lovely ones - look and feel like jeans but with a soft, stretchy waistband.

MusicToMyEars800 Tue 25-Apr-17 13:59:10

leggings and jeggings for me, especially jeggings they look like jeans and feel like leggings grin also agree with peach I do wear jeans but ones that are stretchy and soft, new look are good for those jeans.

Anatidae Tue 25-Apr-17 13:59:56

Jeggings. High waisted ones

FurryLittleTwerp Tue 25-Apr-17 14:00:15

My cat pulls threads in my jeans & it drives me nuts - I try to put a blanket on my knee before she jumps up!

I spend ages pulling the threads through onto the reverse with a needle & a loop of cotton, which improves the appearance smile

junglebookisthebest Tue 25-Apr-17 14:00:28

you need to look for thick leggings - i got a fab pair from Tu last year - thick and a tight weave to the material - almost like you would see on jodphurs, but with plenty of lycra so nice and comfy at the same time.

WowserBowser Tue 25-Apr-17 14:02:31

Im the same! Dd is 26 weeks and i can't stand wearing jeans.

I have some leggings off Amazon that are £2.45. They are really good for the price! I have like a gazillion pairs so i don't ever have to shoe horn myself in to jeans.

Pineapplemilkshake Tue 25-Apr-17 14:08:43

Simply Be jeggings are wonderful, really comfy but look like jeans, and don't go saggy. I have tried many many brands and these are by far my favourite.

Whatsername17 Tue 25-Apr-17 14:09:35

I'm 13 weeks pp and I'm finding myself living in the high waisted jeggings from Matalan. Admittedly one size bigger than normal. I gained 1st13lb during pregnancy and I'm struggling to lose the last 10lb because of breastfeeding. With my first dd the trauma of colic and lactation failure left me lighter than ever at 6 weeks pp. I had hoped for the same. confused

Whatsername17 Tue 25-Apr-17 14:10:55

Should mention, they are £14 a pair and Jean like in texture but they suck in the lumps and bumps.

WandaInn Tue 25-Apr-17 14:11:35

I agree about the discomfort of jeans but leggings are like the worst tights. Slide down, hot, itchy, wrinkle at the knees and look dreadful on everyone of every shape. Jeggings no better as I don't like the feel of them tight on my legs.
In the house I wear either soft harem trousers or palzzos. Outside I wear fairly loose fitting jeans with as much stretch as I can find.

merlynsam Tue 25-Apr-17 14:19:20

I do like my jeans but discovered stretch jeggings at Christmas (with long length top to cover my bum). They are super comfortable.

However, I got a pair of harem pants from Lidl 2 weeks ago..... you know, from that aisle where they have everything you didn't even know you needed ..... and I am a convert!

Redesul Tue 25-Apr-17 14:27:15

Boyfriend style jeans are usually meant to be baggy, they work well for me. Even before I got pregnant and put on weight and had a flat tummy I preferred those because they cover everything up. I had a linen pair by Mantaray that fitted lovely and lasted ages, but generally I find linen trousers just wear out too quickly, I had a lovely pair, cost £25, lasted two weeks before the crotch wore out and holes started appearing. I've always had quite chunky built legs though so maybe that's the issue there.

ILoveMonkeys Tue 25-Apr-17 14:28:10

I have just found jeans in Tesco. They are called 4 way stretch. Look like skinny jeans but feel like jeggings. They also have a a proper waistband so don't slip down. I love them so much I bought a pair in each colour.

Gummybear1989 Tue 25-Apr-17 14:33:53

I've never done jeans. They sit me but why're so uncomfortable. I stick to dresses now. 😁

Gummybear1989 Tue 25-Apr-17 14:34:06

Look nice on me but they're *

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now