Talk

Advanced search

To think most of these people doing crowd funding political campgaiens are doing it to further themselves

(7 Posts)
jdoe8 Tue 25-Apr-17 10:30:01

I'm looking at you owen jones and gina miller. These pages where they ask for money use their own faces as the main images and it's vague about what exactly the money is going on.

People are going to vote for who they want, cash isn't going to change that imo.

www.gofundme.com/whats-best-for-britain

jdoe8 Tue 25-Apr-17 10:32:05

Grr I forgot the titles are not spell checked, LD

Valentine2 Tue 25-Apr-17 10:35:14

People are going to vote for who they want, cash isn't going to change that imo.
Cash aka money changes everything. Nearly everything. You can engineer whole societies if you have enough cash to throw at it.
I think what they are doing is a cause to them. Their life, their decisions. This is what democracy is.

Pinkheart5915 Tue 25-Apr-17 10:37:42

If people want to donate money to this, why is that any of my business? If they believe in this, again why is that my business?

And I think I'm the real world money can change a lot

jdoe8 Tue 25-Apr-17 10:38:52

Sorry I did mean cash for this election and the few weeks we have to go. Can it really make much of a difference?

histinyhandsarefrozen Tue 25-Apr-17 10:40:56

What about Aaron Banks, the man who bankrolled UKIP? Did he do it to further himself?

Do you believe ALL people who are involved in politics do it to further themselves, or just those two?

Valentine2 Tue 25-Apr-17 10:44:26

I think every little bit helps one way or the other. we are just conditioned to think that we can't make a difference. They are doing their bit for whatever cause they feel strongly for. FWIW,I hadn't heard about their cause till you posted this. See? Now I will go and have a look at it. That's how it works.
When people don't have Murdoch or Mail's level of rotten, smelly money, the difference is proportionately smaller. But it's there all the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now