Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else get this when they're stressed? [TMI]

(6 Posts)
7SunshineSeven7 Mon 24-Apr-17 23:35:31

As my father used to put it ''my arse goes''.

I've got a lot of big deadlines and exams coming up and every time I get the trots, my stomach just goes to bits! Is there any way to stop this apart from taking the tablets for it? (I also have anxiety medication so not much I can do in the way of this).

I just need help! Its hard to sit in an exam and try to concentrate when you need to run to the loo constantly for your icky tummy.

And yes I have a lot of diarrhoea euphemisms! grin

gamerchick Mon 24-Apr-17 23:38:40

I just use the ibs Imodium. It's very good at calming the guts as well as drying you up.

You could try buscipan if you don't want Imodium. But quite honestly I wouldn't fight it, if you need to stop anxiety runs then that's the way it is.

fourteenlittleducks Tue 25-Apr-17 09:33:32

I find Diphenoxylate effective. Also codeine-based meds like Paramol. Or Immodium. Take them a couple of hours before setting off so they prevent it.

It's very normal, most of my friends suffer from this too.

FanaticalFox Tue 25-Apr-17 09:47:16

I would say its all in the mind. Its a physical reaction to how you're feeling so try and control how you're feeling. CBT concepts, visualise yourself winning etc etc. Rescue remedy can be helpful so I've heard although if you already suffer from anixety then i accept this may be hard so maybe the above remedies from other posters may be more helpful.

Whisky2014 Tue 25-Apr-17 09:48:42

Yep. It's like beig a rabbit. They poo when they are worried or stressed. I just call it a worry poo!

PrivatePike Tue 25-Apr-17 09:54:34

Yes I do. And not even for big stuff, slightly stressful events at work or minor disagreements do the trick... confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now