Talk

Advanced search

to be disturbed by colleague's Ainsley Harriott ringtone?

(9 Posts)
cooplise Mon 24-Apr-17 21:56:38

My colleague has had an Ainsley Harriott ringtone on their phone for the last few months now. It's the audio of this video, repeated around three times (30 second ringtone):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCKBtsTk8eQ

I am finding this very disturbing. It plays at full volume in the office completely out of the blue and I don't think it's very professional if there are any outside managers or clients visiting. He gets a lot of phone calls so this is probably playing at least 10-20 times a day. I am finding it very difficult to work with this and it is getting very stressful. I don't want to be a joy killer but should I report this to management?

PeaFaceMcgee Mon 24-Apr-17 22:01:53

Hehe, be looks young there! I don't think the initial "give your meat..." is likely to be noticed by occasional visitors to the office.

But but but - it's bloody annoying and I'd tell them so. If it's a private phone ask him to put it on silent. If it's a work phone ask him to change it as it's driving you mad.

If no joy take to the higher ups.

Mrsknackered Mon 24-Apr-17 22:07:13

grinthat is inappropriate and silly.
I laughed though

LolaTheDarkdestroyer Mon 24-Apr-17 22:09:49

I would find it hilarious sorry!

WorraLiberty Mon 24-Apr-17 22:11:34

Oh, I thought it was going to be something about 'Suzie Salt and Percy Pepper' grin

Redglitter Mon 24-Apr-17 22:11:35

Surely it should be on silent in the office. Have you asked him to switch the ringtone off at work

DeleteOrDecay Mon 24-Apr-17 22:13:50

I'd imagine some people would find it amusing for the first day or so then it would get old pretty fast.

YANBU op, it's inconsiderate.

Majorgoodwinschickenbeatstrump Mon 24-Apr-17 22:24:51

Sorry but grin

Tiptoethr0ughthetulips Mon 24-Apr-17 22:29:08

grin you're not seriously getting stressed by this? Initially amusing then cringe, then irritating but surely not stressful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now