Talk

Advanced search

To think UKIP have finally lost the plot?

(89 Posts)
Ceto Mon 24-Apr-17 17:04:30

politicalscrapbook.net/2017/04/ukip-been-on-holiday-time-to-check-your-genitals/

Their "integration agenda" recently launched says that they propose to "Implement school-based medical checks on girls from groups at high risk of suffering FGM. These should take place annually and whenever they return from trips overseas".

So - if someone deems your unfortunate daughter to be a bit brown and at risk of FGM, she gets to have her genitalia checked every time you cross the channel. Lovely.

Fascinating that Nuttall hid from journalists after the launch rather than answer questions about it.

backaftera2yearbreak Mon 24-Apr-17 17:07:06

I couldn't hide my rage when I read this. Disgusting. They have really lost the plot with this one!

toffee1000 Mon 24-Apr-17 17:07:25

Only just lost the plot...??

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Mon 24-Apr-17 17:07:28

Well I'm not sure they ever had the plot to begin with, but yes, this is certainly a new low.

KenAdams Mon 24-Apr-17 17:08:26

No words

AwaywiththePixies27 Mon 24-Apr-17 17:09:21

YABU to think they've only just lost the plot. They never had it ti begin with grin

wasonthelist Mon 24-Apr-17 17:09:24

It's terrible that they are so crass, because there are issues to be addressed. Just not like this.

originalbiglymavis Mon 24-Apr-17 17:10:02

Have they merged with the Monster Raving Looney Party then? What with that and the gorillas...

BillSykesDog Mon 24-Apr-17 17:10:38

That's awful. They couldn't do it without consent anyway.

I do think it might be worth identifying at risk girls and educating them about it though. A lot of them are keen to do it and so don't speak up but might be more willing to do so if educated on the risk. I don't know if this happens anyway. Girls should be empowered to say no.

justdontevenfuckingstart Mon 24-Apr-17 17:12:33

So check to see if a poor girl had been mutilated against her wishes to achieve what exactly? Absolutely disgusting party.

Ceto Mon 24-Apr-17 17:48:03

Somehow only a bunch of inherently sleazy people could conceivably think this was acceptable.

wasonthelist Mon 24-Apr-17 17:48:32

Have they merged with the Monster Raving Loony Party then?

No - at least the Raving Loonies are funny - and oddly some of their policies have actually become law -

www.mirror.co.uk/usvsth3m/7-monster-raving-loony-party-5644717

tangerino Mon 24-Apr-17 17:51:06

State-sanctioned sexual assault.

originalbiglymavis Mon 24-Apr-17 17:52:37

Actually that was a bit mean. I quite liked them as light relief.

Bangsheadontable Mon 24-Apr-17 17:54:02

I've typed and deleted a dozen vitriolic responses. They have always been insane, but only a group of men with bizarre sexual predilections and a sense of ownership over women's bodies could even conceive of this, let alone articulate it publicly. I fear for the women in their families.

VladmirsPoutine Mon 24-Apr-17 17:54:51

One of them has also likened homosexuality to beastiality.

CoolJazz Mon 24-Apr-17 17:55:09

Well they do seem to be the only party suggesting any one does anything about FGM.

No one in UK has been convicted of this and it's happening to many girls.

Everyone's fear about being racist seems to be allowing this to happen to girls.

I think 'educating the girls' as a solution is more crass than UKIPs. These girls are not resoponsible for stopping their own abuse.

Easy virtue siganalling here.

RufusTheRenegadeReindeer Mon 24-Apr-17 17:57:50

cool Are you accusing posters here of 'virtue signalling ' or UKIP

Bangsheadontable Mon 24-Apr-17 17:57:53

Cooljazz. Examining the genitals of girls because they a) are of colour and b) have travelled isn't "doing something about FGM", it's state sponsored sexual assault devised by perverted and racist men.

toffee1000 Mon 24-Apr-17 17:57:58

CoolJazz seriously?? But UKIP are basically advocating looking at a girls' genitalia. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is that EVER ok. Ever.

cowgirlsareforever Mon 24-Apr-17 17:58:18

I was very angry that they want to ban the burqa. How dare they tell women what they can and can't wear! This however is abominable!

CoolJazz Mon 24-Apr-17 17:59:23

I've been involved in numerous cases where girls have been abroad for long periods and come back traumatised. Even mute.
One gilrlplayed at 'cutting' her doll.

FGM is suspected by various professionals- but nothing can be done, as no evidence.

Ginmakesitallok Mon 24-Apr-17 17:59:47

Let's assault girls to check whether they've been assaulted....

mirime Mon 24-Apr-17 18:00:56

What do they think should be done if a girl refused?

CoolJazz Mon 24-Apr-17 18:02:20

Yes a doctor checking a child's body is equal to FGM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now