We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think DH having his back waxed is a bit odd?

(6 Posts)
WoIsMe Mon 24-Apr-17 15:45:17

DH said he had to go run some errands on Saturday, and that I would like it. I assumed he was going to buy me chocolate or something but that wasn't it at all. He was out most of the morning and when I asked him what he was doing, he started taking his shirt off. My immediate reaction was to say, Did you get a tattoo? But no, he had gone and had his back waxed. He didn't have a particularly hairy back, just a few hairs appearing as he has got older. He seemed to think I was repulsed by his hairy back and getting it waxed was a big favour to me. I'm just nonplussed.

AIBU to think this is all a bit strange?

MiddleClassProblem Mon 24-Apr-17 15:48:53

Why I still it strange? He obviously was self conscious about it. If you waxed your lip because you were uncomfortable with hair there I see it as no different. You can reassure him that you don't mind if or even like it if you do but I wouldn't judge him for having insecurities even if he is projecting them on to you (pretty common with insecurities regarding looks being about how other perceive you).

Scrubba Mon 24-Apr-17 15:51:55

I agree with middle.

If he says he did it for you, tell him there's no need but don't berate him for wanting it done for his own reasons.

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Mon 24-Apr-17 15:52:12

Ask him where he went so I can send my dh!!

Pinkheart5915 Mon 24-Apr-17 15:54:03

I don't find it weird at all

Do you wear shave/wax your legs, have your eyebrows down? No diffrence imo

haveacupoftea Mon 24-Apr-17 15:56:44

It's fairly random but quite sweet how excited he was to do this for you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now