Talk

Advanced search

ADHD medication

(8 Posts)
Strix Mon 24-Apr-17 13:40:00

Oddly, it seems most of the ADHD threads are in AIBU, so I am following suit.

If you have an ADHD child who is or ever was medicated, please share your experience.

DS2 (age 6) has been referred for ADHD/ASD assessment. I expect it to take an unreasonably long time. So I thought that meanwhile I'd educate myself on potential treatments. I've read up on it a bit but it would be good to have some real life stories.

I realise they could theoretically tell me he does not have ADHD... but I think they will say he does. As for ASD, I don't really think he has that, but one of the questionnaires I was sent was definitely asking about ASD.

Strix Mon 24-Apr-17 21:25:31

No one?

JustAKitten Mon 24-Apr-17 21:26:39

Are you asking for our experiences with ADHD and ASD? I'm not sure what you mean

Allthewaves Mon 24-Apr-17 22:00:58

Move thread to sen chat - people more likely to share

MrsTwix Tue 25-Apr-17 07:46:06

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08ny3mt?ns_mchannel=YT&

On tonight.

OvariesForgotHerPassword Tue 25-Apr-17 07:52:02

That sounds fascinating MrsTwix although I dread the "it's just bad parenting" comments that seem inevitable on social media sad

To answer your question OP I don't have a child with an ADHD diagnosis although we're fairly sure DD has it, but I have ADHD AND take medication so if I can offer any advice or help let me know. The SEN section is great and very supportive.

Strix Tue 25-Apr-17 09:49:27

Okay, I will repost in Sen Chat. Yes, I'm interested in any experience regarding medication for ADHD.

thank you.

Strix Tue 25-Apr-17 10:06:36

new thread in SN Chat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now