Talk

Advanced search

High heel help

(8 Posts)
Busybee233 Mon 24-Apr-17 11:08:47

Have loads of the office on top heels cost around 60 pounds so not cheap but not expecting amazing quality for what I paid either the heel tips wear away so quickly after 3 wears of nights out mainly sitting down and now the backs all scuffed I know I probably knocked or scraped them but really after this many wears should it chip so easily I've had this pair since last august and I've had over 5 pairs of on top shoes I have 4 now would you expect this to happen I'm actually fed up now with them I'm not heavy either I'm a size 8 so I'm not putting loads of weight on the shoes

Busybee233 Mon 24-Apr-17 11:12:12

Not sure if I'm being unreasonable to message them first pair I brought I got a new pair swapped as the heels wore so quickly

Crispbutty Mon 24-Apr-17 11:14:01

Get new heel tips put on at any cobblers. My dad used to do them for me.

As for the scuffs, do you drive in those heels?

Busybee233 Mon 24-Apr-17 13:14:25

No I don't drive cobblers always replacing them way more than they should

specialsubject Mon 24-Apr-17 13:19:05

Laws of physics. Tiny heels like that will wear quickly.

You aren't supposed to expect fashion shoes to last.

AyeAmarok Mon 24-Apr-17 13:24:09

That's not unusual. Looks like you have been walking on pavement paving stones and the heel may have gone down a gap briefly.

That's what happens with stilettos, unfortunately.

Learn how to reheel them yourself. It's easy and you'll save a fortune.

TotalPineapple Mon 24-Apr-17 13:27:51

I without fail scuff the backs of my heels on the second night I wear them (I pretty much don't wear heels any more).

As a pp said, the tips is physics, if you think about how much space the weight would be spread over in a normal shoe, that heel tip is going to wear down that much faster. So if a pair of shoe soles lasts you six months before looking worn those heel tips would last maybe six wears.

Busybee233 Mon 24-Apr-17 14:21:43

I do get them done cheaply I provide my own heel tips they only ask for donation to charity box

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now