Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to change my work hours?

(4 Posts)
lifeasiknowit Sun 23-Apr-17 22:28:38

I currently work full time in a management position along side doing a full time sector endorsed degree. I am soon to be moving offices to a new one opening up in a higher position, this is an internal transfer so no resignation needed to be handed in.

My manager at work has been horrible since I told her that I accepted a position in the new office. She has shared confidential information and generally been quite rude and off hand.

I decided that I want to reduce my hours down to part time hours (this is readily available, and others have done so in the past) until I leave to go to the new building.

My manager refused to discuss this with me and handed it straight over to her line manager of whom I am due to have a meeting with regarding this.

AIBU to be doing this? Do you think it'll look bad on me in the future? The main reason I will be putting across is that I want to focus on completing my degree without the extra work stress (I work in my own time A LOT) so I'm in the right frame of mind for my new position.

Sorry, I didn't realise how long this would be!

lifeasiknowit Mon 24-Apr-17 12:45:06

Anyone? smile

DarrylsLilAssKicker Mon 24-Apr-17 12:49:03

Sounds fine to me, especially as it won't be long term.

FanaticalFox Mon 24-Apr-17 12:57:58

What confidential info did she share? Sounds odd. Just ignore her and crack on with what you want to do x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now