Talk

Advanced search

Don't know who to vote for please help

(15 Posts)
TheMatriarchyRules Sun 23-Apr-17 21:33:50

Okay so the details. I am a brexit supporter, I did so for sovereignty, I am usually a big labour supporter and have always voted green or labour. I have always been eurosceptic based on beliefs about an Eu capitalist agenda.

I can't vote conservative it's against what I believe. In my area it is liberal/conservative. I want to stop a Theresa May elected dictatorship but don't want to block brexit. Id vote labour if it meant my vote wasn't wasted.

Arghhh bloody politics. Oh and don't mention ukip. I am lexit voter Left-brexit.

AtrociousCircumstance Sun 23-Apr-17 21:36:52

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/19_yf4RL133fBKscvSbID4eRKwztzY9KSI_2BMaI1bU8/pubhtml

AtrociousCircumstance Sun 23-Apr-17 21:37:10

That's a website that lets you know the best way to vote tactically to stop the Tories.

TheFallenMadonna Sun 23-Apr-17 21:38:33

Vote for the person/party you prefer. That's all you can do. The constituency I live in has returned a Tory since time immemorial. I will not be coring Tory, but I never see my vote as wasted.

TheMatriarchyRules Sun 23-Apr-17 21:40:38

Yes but to stop Tories in my area requires a vote for lib dens which is anti brexit so it goes against my brexit vote.

IvorHughJarrs Sun 23-Apr-17 21:41:12

You have to weigh it up for you and for your area.

Voting to stop the Tories may blow Brexit out of the water so you may have to weigh up what is more important to you, that or more liberal policy

AtrociousCircumstance Sun 23-Apr-17 21:43:19

Brexit is madness.

caroldecker Sun 23-Apr-17 21:43:38

Depends if you prefer Brexit or not Conservative. Labour appear to support Brexit, but I am unaware of what approach they would take. Lib-dems do not. A Lib-dem/Labour/SNP coalition would almost certainly have another EU referendum.

silkybear Sun 23-Apr-17 21:45:24

I'm the same, I want us out of the EU but am left leaning. I'm voting labour. A chance of beating the tories and they have agreed to continue with brexit. Tim Farron has made it quite clear he wants a second referendum which I personally think is undemocratic.

carefreeeee Sun 23-Apr-17 21:46:17

Lib dems will never get in anyway but more opposition to tories is good so if you want Brexit but also want more left wing then voting lib dem in your area sounds like the ideal tactical vote. (lib dem have promised not to enter into any alliances with any other parties this time)

DorisMcSweeney Sun 23-Apr-17 21:47:02

If you are Labour why not vote for them. They appear to be pulling policies out of thin air, so I am sure they will be pro Brexit at some point in the next 6 weeks.

BishopBrennansArse Sun 23-Apr-17 21:51:45

I think Labour are going with a resigned to Brexit happening but protecting workers rights during negotiations of that helps?

user1466690252 Sun 23-Apr-17 21:52:04

I'm confused aswell so place marking. I was a remainer and traditionally labour voter. I love labour ideals but I can't warm to corbyn. I don't think he will be able to negotiate us out of europe well and I have no idea how he thinks he will pay for all his (all be it lovely) policies.

I understand they will bring out a new manifesto though? When will this be?

I'm not well educated but I'm really trying here to understand as much as I can and make a differnce for the sake of my children. 2016 really shook me up

Okkitokkiunga Sun 23-Apr-17 21:53:25

Now that article 50 has been triggered would the EU accept another referendum result? I'm leaning towards voting lib dem to hopefully soften the Tory Brexit.

I voted to remain but now that we are in Brexit mode I think we should get on with it.

Hefzi Sun 23-Apr-17 22:01:16

I'm in the same position as you, OP - but I'm in an urban constituency that's tribally Labour to the extent any other vote is wasted.

I believe only the Tories can guarantee Brexit (voted for it the same reasons as you) but as my vote doesn't count anyway, I'm going with Dave Nellist et al and voting TUSC. Lexiteers are a largely ignored phenomenon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now