Talk

Advanced search

About Candy Crush at nursery?

(7 Posts)
u32ng Sun 23-Apr-17 21:30:16

So over dinner tonight 4yrs old DS mentions candy crush and I was like hmm as DH and I don't and have never played or mentioned candy crush before so I was wondering how he'd even heard of it.

So I quizzed him and turns out on the computer at nursery they have candy crush! I thought it was just an app but after a bit of googling turns out it's on Windows.

They have limited access to the computer at nursery, but before I speak to them about it I was wondering AIBU about feeling like my 4ys old shouldn't be playing it??

BetterEatCheese Sun 23-Apr-17 21:32:35

Depends what the nurseries logic is - computer skills, logic, strategy etc may be justifications. I would ask them what they feel the children are getting from it

blueskyinmarch Sun 23-Apr-17 21:33:32

It maybe doesn’t have huge educational benefits but it is pretty harmless. Just matching items. What is your main objection to it?

WorraLiberty Sun 23-Apr-17 21:34:03

You haven't said why you think they shouldn't be playing it?

It sounds like a fun way to learn basic skills, like mouse control and logical/strategic thinking.

RitaMills Sun 23-Apr-17 21:34:24

What concerns do you have? It's a strategy game which requires logical thinking, I don't see the issue with a child playing it for 5 or 10 mins.

bigchris Sun 23-Apr-17 21:35:13

Well it's just a tetris style game, kids that age play games on iPads at home and school at 4

SomethingBorrowed Sun 23-Apr-17 21:36:47

If is it 5min at a time why not, I can see the point re learning computer and logical skills. But once, twice a day only maybe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now