Talk

Advanced search

Paint spray on car

(6 Posts)
Itwillbefine Sun 23-Apr-17 17:54:41

DH has just cleaned his car because it had yellow pollen all over it from a nearby tree, and has realised the bonnet has a fine spray of white paint on it.

The neighbours have been having the outside of their house painted...

We have had to move our cars last week as the side next to us was being painted, it was a bit of a nuisance but they're nice and hopefully it'll be finished tomorrow.

AIBU to think that DH needs to inform them of the damage to his car?

It must have occurred when the front was being done and his car was parked between our houses and the wind carried it. Thankfully my car which is often in front of his is fine.

I'm not expecting them to do much, he can polish it off he thinks, but I would want to at least know if we've damaged someone else's property.

KateDaniels2 Sun 23-Apr-17 17:56:22

If he is going to sort it and the painting is finished or you can avoide parking near it, i would leave it.

Itwillbefine Sun 23-Apr-17 17:59:56

We didn't know the painting was starting a fortnight ago, the wife came round last Monday to inform us he was doing the side next to us last week and then went away until Friday.

I did ask the husband yesterday when I saw him on their drive if he's going to be much longer, on my days off it's been a pain to park elsewhere.

luckylucky24 Sun 23-Apr-17 18:01:04

If it will come off I would leave it.

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Sun 23-Apr-17 18:02:05

If he can get it off why bother

It wasn't malicious, just bad luck

Itwillbefine Sun 23-Apr-17 20:33:38

He thinks it will come off, but hasn't properly tried. Is coming off if you scratch the white dots with your finger nail. He's only had the car a few months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now