Talk

Advanced search

Working in a Care Home

(9 Posts)
hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Sun 23-Apr-17 17:52:48

Have posted this in other but may get more views here.
Please can anyone tell me can you do part time set hours? Or are you expected to do overtime?

luckylucky24 Sun 23-Apr-17 17:54:16

It depends entirely on the home and the manager.

Peanutandphoenix Sun 23-Apr-17 17:56:20

I work in a nursing home the least amount of hours I can do on nights is 24 hours but if your doing day shifts then you should be able to do part time hours but no your not expected to do overtime they can ask you but you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

Fivetoomany Sun 23-Apr-17 17:57:29

I have just accepted a job in a care home. 4 days a week 9-3. Although I will be a 'chambermaid' not an actual carer.

befuddledgardener Sun 23-Apr-17 18:18:39

I have set hours and get offered overtime but I rarely decide to take it

PumpkinPie2016 Sun 23-Apr-17 18:22:30

At the one my mum works at you can do a set number of hours e.g. 24 but not set days.

I think it will depend on the home and the manager.

OhhBetty Sun 23-Apr-17 18:22:57

Totally depends on the care home! Different homes have different shifts and different staffing needs. Don't do it just because the hours suit you though. Your heart has to really be in it otherwise it's unfair to the residents

hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Sun 23-Apr-17 18:55:22

Ohh Betty my heart is in it but for various reasons i can't work a lot of hours right now so i might be best volunteering

hickorydickorynurseryrhyme Sun 23-Apr-17 21:43:13

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now