Talk

Advanced search

To be petty, immature and a bit of a cow (lighthearted)

(62 Posts)
jammyjay Sun 23-Apr-17 11:37:23

Soooooooooo, had a fairly public row with DP jus now. He's in a mood because DS's bike is broken and he couldn't fix it and DS (2) was reacting negatively after being promised something only for it to be taken away. And because I was a little slow totally faffed leaving flat we missed the bus. Then because I said I'd wanted to wait at the bus stop (for 11mins) and not by the playground (I pre-empted possible carnage when wanting to leave) he called me stupid and irresponsible for wanting to wait at a by a bus stop with a toddler! hmm
So I left them both at the bus stop and went stropped off home. And did the following:
Hid both TV remote controls
Hid some newly bought vinyl
Detuned ALL his guitars

I am 41 blushand 26 weeks pregnant. Although I would have done this anyway! wink

Does anyone do such petty things to get back at OHs? If so, share please.
Or is it just me? blush

RJnomore1 Sun 23-Apr-17 11:38:43

Emm it's just you

Although pregnancy can make you crazy. Put the kettle on and chill!

redexpat Sun 23-Apr-17 11:40:07

Great revenge! grin

MissClarke86 Sun 23-Apr-17 11:42:12

Haha sorry OP but you have made me laugh! YABU though!

Nah sometimes petty is good. I get really fed up of dh leaving dirty dishes all over the kitchen worktop rather than in the sink because it leaves me with no workspace. After telling him 98 million times, The next time I baked I left stuff covering every inch of the worktop knowing he needed to use the kitchen after me.

I warned him that if be didn't stop leaving the loo seat up I'd write a reminder on the underside. He did...so I did. In sharpie.

Touchingcloth14 Sun 23-Apr-17 11:52:05

An Ex once insulted my cooking skills in front of guests we had for a dinner party, so I turned his boxers to show skid marks and left them on the bathroom floor for our guests to see when they used the loo

MaidOfStars Sun 23-Apr-17 11:58:42

Love the guitar detuning - must remember that one.

Mari50 Sun 23-Apr-17 12:01:28

I once put fairy liquid in an ex's extensive spirit collection- to be fair I only put it into the bottles I'd bought when we were going through a 'let's make loads of cocktails' extravaganza.

user1492528619 Sun 23-Apr-17 12:08:51

I love a good bit of petty revenge (YANBU)!

ZilphasHatpin Sun 23-Apr-17 12:10:08

Detuned ALL his guitars

grin I love this!

MatildaTheCat Sun 23-Apr-17 12:13:24

If do has given me the rage I get my revenge when he next plays gold. He always without fail asks me to check the weather forecast so I forget to mention there will be heavy showers all day and off he toddles without any waterproofs.

I'm even older than you. OP. blush

MatildaTheCat Sun 23-Apr-17 12:13:54

Plays golf, not gold.

ZilphasHatpin Sun 23-Apr-17 12:16:56

grin

AnnieAnoniMouse Sun 23-Apr-17 12:22:14

😂 you twit!

Don't be surprised when he twats you over the head with his least favourite guitar 😂

Have they gone off for the day (wherever you were going on the bus) or will they just go to the playground & come home?

...or should you go & find them and carry on as if nothing happened?

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Sun 23-Apr-17 12:26:42

YABU- you know that- but you're basically acting out what many of us have dreamed of doing!

I once piled all of DH's stuff on his side of the bed. I'd tripped over his work boots for the third time that day.

Also I put post it notes all around the house. Think "wash me", (dishes) "empty me" (laundry hamper).

grin

jammyjay Sun 23-Apr-17 12:27:00

I know! blushNot my finest hour! I've just gone to meet them but couldn't find them, so am now meeting some friends for lunch. Will no doubt start getting angry messages in about 40mins! grin

jammyjay Sun 23-Apr-17 12:31:51

Am enjoying-- taking notes-- revenge posts! grin

augustusglupe Sun 23-Apr-17 12:34:20

A bit immature... but I've done worse!! Don't worry wink

EweAreHere Sun 23-Apr-17 12:36:14

He called you stupid and irresponsible. Not only that, he did it in public and in front of your child.

I think he should feel lucky that's all you did, the disrespectful ass!

Gaelach Sun 23-Apr-17 12:38:40

Hiding the remotes is a great one, will have to remember that. I have been known to accidentally slide one of dps shoes under the sofa...

MeadowDream Sun 23-Apr-17 12:41:29

I love this!

#relationshipgoals

grin grin

augustusglupe Sun 23-Apr-17 12:44:25

meadow love #relationshipgoals grin

JonSnowsWhore Sun 23-Apr-17 12:47:52

My ex had one of those stupidly over sized mugs from sports direct. I got so fed up with him making these massive mugs of tea & wasting half of it every. Bloody. Time. If you're only going to drink a normal amount of tea then make it in a normal sized mug!

That mug may have taken an accidental tumble off the kitchen side one day...

HCantThinkOfAUsername Sun 23-Apr-17 12:49:12

I've done the remote thing & unplugging the wifi whilst he's been on ps4.
Hiding tobacco too 🙈
I've finally found "my people" who react same way as me grin

Bluntness100 Sun 23-Apr-17 12:51:44

An Ex once insulted my cooking skills in front of guests we had for a dinner party, so I turned his boxers to show skid marks and left them on the bathroom floor for our guests to see when they used the loo

WTAF, and you're user name is touchingcloth. you seem slightly poo obsessed, are you 14?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now