Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone worried about North Korea?

(16 Posts)
lottieandmia Sun 23-Apr-17 09:47:26

Apologies if this has been done already. My friend texted me to say that she's really worried war is imminent.

I'm not as worried as she is since there seems to be a pattern of NK posing and blustering (often in April I've noticed) however she thinks 'this time' it's different.

Costacoffeeplease Sun 23-Apr-17 09:51:18

In what way is your friend qualified to know that this is 'different' and what will worrying about it achieve?

Grumpbum Sun 23-Apr-17 09:51:42

Not really. Trump and antibiotic resistant bugs worry me a lot more

whattodowiththepoo Sun 23-Apr-17 09:51:48

Only thing to wor about is the NK people, if war does break out they will very quickly be without a government.

lottieandmia Sun 23-Apr-17 09:51:56

I'm just asking.

lottieandmia Sun 23-Apr-17 09:53:04

The North Korean citizens are treated so badly sad anyone read 'Nothing to Envy'?

c3pu Sun 23-Apr-17 09:57:11

North Korea has been sabre rattling and shouting hot air since the end of the Korean war.

I wouldn't be too concerned that this time will be any different.

Tulipsaregold Sun 23-Apr-17 10:25:49

Who is your friend!!!has she got a inside knowledge etc or sue from staines who has just read an article and is feeling nervous!!

Mulberry72 Sun 23-Apr-17 11:09:56

Lottie Have a read of Escape from Camp 14, about the labour camps in NK. It broke my heart sad

lottieandmia Sun 23-Apr-17 11:14:59

She doesn't have an inside knowledge. my feeling is it's in the same vein as other threats. Thanks Mulberry- I will look at it.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sun 23-Apr-17 11:15:32

We can play the worry achieves nothing game for an eternity. We all know it solves and achieves nothing, but. If youre a worrier. You're a worrier.

Imamouseduh Sun 23-Apr-17 11:17:35

No.

Bubblesagain Sun 23-Apr-17 11:18:56

NK do a lot of antaganising other countries, but they're never going to cause an all out war, the leading people know it wouldn't end well for them, NK army is woefully under supplied and china is not going to get involved with all out war just to save NK. Horrendous dictators in power want to keep that power, not start ww3 and get killed.

The80sweregreat Sun 23-Apr-17 11:19:48

I lived through the 80s with threat of nuclear war. I 'm afraid all of this squaring up to each other is just the same as it was then. No point worrying about it all to be honest - we all worried then and it didnt happen. True about anti biotic resistant drugs - that is a real threat i think and not one to be on the tv either!

makeourfuture Sun 23-Apr-17 11:20:09

Well Kim Jung is a known idiot. Trump's blundering around is the unknown here. And it is worrying.

May aligning us with him is troubling.

shellhider Sun 23-Apr-17 11:20:13

I've read that book and a few others about NK as my uncle has been there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now