Talk

Advanced search

To wonder how far in....

(51 Posts)
SmileEachDay Sat 22-Apr-17 20:51:33

...to a thread in praise of my teaching colleagues the tide will turn and someone will say teachers are arse holes.

So. Teaching colleagues, we do a fantastic job, under increasingly difficult circumstances because of the Torres. I salute you.

badhotfanny Sat 22-Apr-17 22:28:07

We are definitely not arse holes smile

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 22-Apr-17 22:35:17

Torres, he's at Athletico isn't he?football

SmileEachDay Sat 22-Apr-17 22:37:27

Dammit Still

Tories

<gives self detention>

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sat 22-Apr-17 22:38:22

I'm a TA in reception, teachers do a great job smile.

Fl0ellafunbags Sat 22-Apr-17 22:38:35

Teachers can't spell! grin

Ex teacher, hardest job in the world

BeyondUser24601 Sat 22-Apr-17 22:39:32

Tories autocorrects to Torres every time I type it too grin

Check your work - B minus
grin

SmileEachDay Sat 22-Apr-17 22:41:08

Beyond I'll take that.

I blame the strike through

MrsTerryPratchett Sat 22-Apr-17 22:44:40

I used to work for SS. Most SW work hard under very difficult circumstances. Doesn't mean some of them aren't arseholes.

I can't stand passive aggressive posts. It's the MN equivalent of, "most people won't share this. Some will...".

SmileEachDay Sat 22-Apr-17 22:48:00

It's not PA MrsTP

I've just read lots of teacher bashing on here recently. Redressing the balance is all.

coolaschmoola Sat 22-Apr-17 22:49:41

We work hard.

Fl0ellafunbags Sat 22-Apr-17 23:01:57

Teaching is like no other job. You have to be "on" the entire time. It's utterly exhausting.

Moanyoldcow Sat 22-Apr-17 23:04:53

Funbags - that's the exact phrase I used talking about teachers the other day - I'd hate it and be unable to do it.

Thank god you get the leave you do because you must bloody need it.

I work in a school, not classroom based which would be my nightmare.

Plainlycrackers Sat 22-Apr-17 23:05:26

I had the strangest thought today that I might like to be a teacher in psychology (my degree subject)... but then I realised I was being plainly crackers (again) and remembered the wise words of my DM & aunties... Do NOT follow them into teaching... and it is even tougher nowadays! You are all ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

MyDarlingWhatIfYouFly Sat 22-Apr-17 23:06:41

Except for when you are on holiday. Which is for bloody months.

(Joking, but still ducks grin)

I'm not a teacher, because I could never be one. I think you are massively undervalued.

OvariesForgotHerPassword Sat 22-Apr-17 23:06:50

Teaching is like no other job

Ooh, this is where it gets interesting <grabs popcorn>

angeldiver Sat 22-Apr-17 23:09:13

There are good teachers and not so good teachers. Some hard working, others doing just enough to get by.
Same as in all walks of life I guess.

It's not a great place to be at the moment though I'm not sure it can all be entirely blamed on the Tories.

SmileEachDay Sat 22-Apr-17 23:11:49

What about blaming Torres, angel?
grin
I have an interesting summary somewhere of exactly why Tory policy has made school so tough for teachers - and more importantly children, if you're interested?

angeldiver Sat 22-Apr-17 23:14:04

Go on then smile.
And watch out for those pesky spellings autocorrect grin

ThePinkOcelot Sat 22-Apr-17 23:15:04

Yay, give yourself a round of applause!!

AmethystRaven Sat 22-Apr-17 23:18:36

The teachers at DD's school have been utterly brilliant so far. They do an amazing job and I have wanted to hug them at times for being so caring when they have so much to do and so many children (Mrs G yr1 Cherry class if you're reading!!) Thank you all teachers for the work you do. It really can't be easy.

NoYouDontKnowItAll Sat 22-Apr-17 23:19:52

There's many groups of people under increasingly difficult circumstances because of the Tories, teachers don't have exclusivity on that

sobeyondthehills Sat 22-Apr-17 23:26:18

DS' teacher for next year has just had the audacity to become pregnant and be on maternity leave for, what I assuming is most of the year.

DS and me bloody love her

How dare she ;)

TheFairyCaravan Sat 22-Apr-17 23:30:55

Teaching is like no other job. You have to be "on" the entire time. It's utterly exhausting.

So do nurses and doctors.

DH couldn't switch off when he was wiring up an aircraft. Now he's the one checking the wiring is done correctly, he can't let his mind wander either, because it's his name on the paper work and the buck stops with him.

Ethylred Sat 22-Apr-17 23:32:26

Thank heavens, not a bumsex thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now